HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3287 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »

Certainly it happened. Sexism is alive and well in our country. BTW that was a nice read.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »

She's playing the woman's card. This did either not happen or just one or two people said this.

Are you for real?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

Females are used to this type of stuff. It's par for the course to have to deal with it, especially in politics. Hillary knows that many men are threatened by her intelligence, power and strength, that's just how it is.

Along with this Bernie "revolution" that he continues bantering on about, there also needs to be a revolution in consciousness towards the female role in society. And that is what will happen if Hillary becomes President. I believe that society as a whole will benefit by it because more females will be empowered to become all that they can be. It's a powerful inspiration that Hillary will be sending out, and I can't wait to see the day.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »

Females are used to this type of stuff. It's par for the course to have to deal with it, especially in politics. Hillary knows that many men are threatened by her intelligence, power and strength, that's just how it is.

Along with this Bernie "revolution" that he continues bantering on about, there also needs to be a revolution in consciousness towards the female role in society. And that is what will happen if Hillary becomes President. I believe that society as a whole will benefit by it because more females will be empowered to become all that they can be. It's a powerful inspiration that Hillary will be sending out, and I can't wait to see the day.

Bahahaha.  And I say that as a Clinton supporter.

This is like when some people thought Obama becoming President would solve the whole race thing.

I believe in change that comes in increments. So no, I'm not believing that Hillary becoming President would solve the whole female thing, whatever that is.

What it would be is another step -- a very powerful and motivating step -- towards the evolution of society, to its betterment.

If you are not a female or a black male or female, you probably haven't a clue how it feels to be represented in society in a powerful way such as this.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 04:56:22 PM »

No doubt people have said this, and even more probably think it, but won't say it out loud. Electing Hillary Clinton will be a very symbolic victory, but it's naive to think that it will help a great deal with sexism in the long run. Just like many people were unreasonably harsh on Obama, with subtle implications with racism, many people will be very quick to criticize everything Hillary does, and it may show us that far more people are sexist than any of us would have ever believed.

I think the effects of an Obama Presidency will be felt for and in years to come. As I mentioned, change comes in increments. Society is huge and change takes a long time to transpire. But since each step builds upon the step before it, taking steps towards a goal is vital. Doesn't matter what you call a Hillary victory, what matters is the results, and basically they will be long-term results, not something we'll see every day, as our modern age with our instant gratification dictates.

A similar situation is with Obamacare. That will evolve over time, but right now it's just getting started. At least Obama got that off the ground, something that nobody else before him was able to do. Now comes the next step to make it better, and then the next step....

Change simply doesn't occur yesterday. But it does occur, and that's what I applaud.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

Anyone who wouldn't vote for a woman for president wouldn't admire and really like Hillary Clinton.

^^^ I don't see what there is to like about Hillary other than her being a prominent woman politician. She has no notable accomplishments, the ideological consistency of a weathervane, more scandals than any politician should be able to get away with, and only seems to care about herself and furthering her ambitions. What's to like other than her gender?

I've done a lot of reading about Hillary over the years; I've been following her career ever since she was First Lady in the White House. What I'd say to you is that if you can't see anything to like about her then you haven't done any serious reading about her, just the he said she said accusations that you see in article blurbs and media soundbites on the Internet. Very shallow, that.

She has intelligence and depths of complexity that are quite awesome. She may not be a charismatic super media star like Trump or Bill Clinton or Obama, but what she is is a workaholic who puts her nose to the grindstone and goes at it. She's a very hard worker. She's better at behind the scenes situations than she is in front of the camera, but that's her. It's who she is. She has an incredible amount of political experience over Trump, she knows how to compromise and how to approach people in Congress, has traveled extensively around the world as First Lady and as Sec of State creating good will around the globe for the U.S. She is an advocate for children for most of her life and an advocate for women's equality.

If you read up on her you might find that she really is an admirable person who has done quite a few good deeds in her history. She might surprise you.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »

Here's the link to the actual article about Hillary in NYmag.com:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

Very interesting read. Rather than complain about her all the time, try reading this article and understand a bit where she's coming from.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »

Yeah, I call BS that someone, let alone multiple people, at a Hillary for president rally rope line said to hrc's face that they might not vote for her because she's a woman.

I'm sure millions of morons think like that, but nobody in that scenario said that.

I fail to understand why you think it matters whether someone said this to Hillary's face or just thought it. The fact that most of us know that plenty of people think like this is bad enough.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2016, 03:20:09 PM by hermit »

I have the opposite problem; I could easily vote in a woman. Just not Hillary.

So what exactly are you looking for in a President?

You really only have two choices left to pick from.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »

Hillary is tough. If she wins the Presidency then she will be the first female in this country, ever; there is no precedent.

I like Hillary a lot but many people don't, but if you think about it, it will take a female like her who is used to being put through the wringer day after day, year after year, who has to fight her way tooth and nail in a man's world, to get the job. It's not for sissy-girls.

And while her record might not be squeaky clean --(but I have to say she's never been to trial for anything so much of her "baggage" is quite overblown) -- she has standing in the world. Leaders know her. People know her around the world. I think she will bring to the job something much different and refreshing.

Give her a chance and don't judge her by the "he said she said" finger pointing and the constant witch hunting that goes on about her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies