Are white evangelicals the biggest hypocrites? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:46:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are white evangelicals the biggest hypocrites? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are white evangelicals the biggest hypocrites?  (Read 9392 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »

I feel like if this thread involved black evangelicals instead of white evangelicals, it would be taken down.

Yay, let's call an entire group of people stupid because they don't like the same candidates we do.

To be fair, it's pretty clear the topic is about the group as a whole, not everyone in the group.

I don't think it makes a difference...

This is kind of funny because there are some people on this forum who have never even met a Trump supporter, yet still attack them relentlessly.

IMO, the thread was certainly implying WHITE evangelicals.  And if I'm correct in reading it that way, I think it's pretty undeniable that there is a HUGE double standard for Republican political types belittling disadvantaged Democrats (racist, of course) compared to Democratic political types belittling disadvantaged Republicans (which not all evangelicals are, of course, but I think this ties into the "poor, rural Whites" debate, as well).  If some redneck goes on a rant about Hillary being a commie and spouts off some conspiracy theories and it makes it on YouTube, liberals would have a field day making fun of how simplistic, close-minded and stupid that redneck sounded ... flip the coin and look at something like the lady in the Obama phone video, and you literally can't say a thing about how hilariously stupid she sounded without being called a racist.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:43:54 PM »

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/wikileaks-podesta-left-wing-activist-plot-catholic-spring/

This, coupled with a packed Supreme Court, could force these changes.

Think about it; they want to infiltrate and manipulate religions that oppose them that they don't believe in. 

John Podesta is neither a preacher, nor a troll.  Think about that as well.
Is that really the best you can do? Private musings between people aren't the same as actual public policy advocated by anyone - you know that Trump's people, Obama's people, Bush's people, etc., had all kinds of personal conversations that have no bearing on anything that was actually done.

Lots of liberal Catholics dream of a day when the church stops being so uptight, especially on issues like contraception, where over 90% of Catholics ignore church "teachings." There was nothing unusual about these scary emailz.

I also think it's hilarious how all these super-right-wing evangelicals, who normally don't even believe Catholics are Christian or can go to Heaven, suddenly care so much about us when they can score a political point or two.

I don't think the left comprehends whatsoever the level of fear religious conservatives have of them in power. They can argue the Democrat establishment would never do the things their supporters want to do to religious conservatives, but few religious conservatives are going to believe that. Why? Because the political landscape changes and the left's social positions change with it. If the left is correct that we are on some arc of social progress, the they're of course going to be against the "next step" right up until they're for it. It's like an entire ideology built around perpetually moving the goal posts.

Well, they can be irrationally scared all they want - they've been deceived by unscrupulous pastors and conmen who want their money. But they got through the Obama years just fine and they'll get through anyone else's.

The Left has no need to force members of the Religious Right to be more tolerant of gays or whatever - it will happen naturally on its own. 50 years ago, the Religious Right was terrified that the big bad gubmit was gonna force them to accept the equality of blacks. All those churches scaremongered and whined, and in the end, the next generation of parishioners was more than willing to accept black equality all on their own. Similarly, within a few decades all these anti-gay churches will have switched over to pro-gay on their own as newer generations take over leadership roles.

If you don't agree with Roman Catholicism, don't be a Catholic.  No one's forcing you.  

If you don't want to be an Evangelical, you don't have to be one.  Jesus doesn't twist arms.  Christianity is proselytizing, but not Jihadist.

A church that accepts homosexuality as an acceptable behavior is a church that has abandoned Scripture as being Authoritative.  It's just another book, no more an authority than The Cat In The Hat.  That's fine, too; millions of Americans believe just that.  But if you do believe that, don't come at me with a Bible and tell me I'm wrong, because I'll tell you that your argument is rubbish because you don't believe Scripture to be authoritative, and you're probably wrongly dividing the Word.  When it comes to the authority of Scripture, I'm going to call folks when they try to have it both ways.

It is not hypocritical whatsoever and perfectly ideologically consistent for someone to be a faithful Christian, simply not believe the entire Bible to be the literal word of God and do what they think - based on the broader, more important teachings of Christ - God's will actually is RE: tolerance.  They're not worse Christians than you are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies