Apple vs US Govt poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Apple vs US Govt poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: I don't know how to word it, you know what I'm asking, who do you side with?
Apple (freedom)

Feds (safety)

some wussy third thing in the middle

too ignorant to properly vote, but I like pressing buttons

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Apple vs US Govt poll  (Read 1795 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 22, 2016, 07:53:34 AM »

Government. Of course the authorities should have access to the data of terrorists. And I, as a private and law abiding citizen, have nothing to hide. At least nothing that is threatening national security or any lives.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »

Government. Of course the authorities should have access to the data of terrorists. And I, as a private and law abiding citizen, have nothing to hide. At least nothing that is threatening national security or any lives.

Should the government be able to force Apple to build them new decryption technology in pursuit of that data? Technology that does not currently exist and that would render everyone's iphone vulnerable to infiltration whether from the government or from more nefarious parties?That's really what's at stake here.

Yes, but make strong legal provisions, that it is only used in such cases and canot be abused.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies