2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:30:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers  (Read 9351 times)
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 01:40:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 02:09:46 PM »

lol Bachmann. Wait this long to announce and then only pull in that.

Well she has Newt's financial team now so her loss Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

Romney is way ahead of his rivals in "cash on hand":

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59141.html

Gingrich's cash on hand is essentially negative, as his campaign is more than $1 million in debt:

link

Pawlenty is spending much more on Iowa than his rivals, but it's far less than Romney spent in 2007:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59147.html

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2011, 12:22:48 AM »

Santorum raised only 600.000$ !!!

Although Santorum keeps up a frantic travel schedule between New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina, the former Pennsylvania senator spent just $353,232 from April through June. He ended the quarter with $229,114 on hand.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-santorum-finances-20110715,0,4722068.story
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:37 AM »

Santorum raised only 600.000$ !!!

Although Santorum keeps up a frantic travel schedule between New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina, the former Pennsylvania senator spent just $353,232 from April through June. He ended the quarter with $229,114 on hand.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-santorum-finances-20110715,0,4722068.story

Santorum spent less money total than Gingrich spent just on private planes:

link

The air hub theory lives!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »

Here's a handy summary table (though it doesn't show debts):

http://race42012.com/2011/07/15/q2-fundraising-leaderboard-official-edition/
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 01:21:56 AM »

Here are the complete fundraising numbers for Q2, according to the FEC:

RAISED

18.383.257 $   Romney
  4.518.948 $   Paul
  4.335.695 $   Pawlenty
  3.639.723 $   Bachmann
  2.580.726 $   Cain
  2.102.916 $   Gingrich
     582.348 $   Santorum
     180.237 $   Johnson
     136.875 $   McCotter (House)

CASH ON HAND

12.715.495 $   Romney
  3.379.067 $   Bachmann (+ 265.639 $ cash on hand in her House committee)
  2.966.177 $   Paul (+ 1.556.057 $ cash on hand in his House committee)
  2.001.090 $   Pawlenty
     481.895 $   Cain
     322.222 $   Gingrich
     521.036 $   McCotter (House)
     229.115 $   Santorum
         6.007 $   Johnson

I didn't find anything about Jon Huntsman, neither his candidate committee, nor his Horizon PAC.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »

Obama for America:

RAISED

46.323.209 $

CASH ON HAND

37.110.346 $

Obama Victory Fund 2012 (DNC Money)Sad

RAISED

39.259.886 $

CASH ON HAND

1.694.278 $
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2011, 01:41:52 AM »

DNC (June numbers):

12.223.524 raised
  7.311.519 spent
21.438.791 cash-on-hand
11.790.225 debt
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2011, 01:55:03 AM »

Obama has 10 Mio. more cash-on-hand than all of his 11 GOP rivals combined (incl. Sarah Palin's 1.4 Mio. $ and Huntsman's estimated 3 Mio. cash-on-hand.

Obama has 37 Mio. $, while the 11 Republicans have 27 Mio. $ - of which 95% or so will be spent during the primaries.

That further means Obama will start his General Election Campaign with at least a 150 Mio. $ to zero advantage over the Republican nominee in April 2012.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »

That further means Obama will start his General Election Campaign with at least a 150 Mio. $ to zero advantage over the Republican nominee in April 2012.

My understanding is that $ for the primaries can continue to be spent up until the national convention, even if the nomination has been mathematically clinched well before that.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 02:04:10 AM »

My understanding is that $ for the primaries can continue to be spent up until the national convention, even if the nomination has been mathematically clinched well before that.

Yeah, but they are going to spend almost all their money for the primaries to win them, right ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »

"Huntsman entered the race late enough in the second-quarter period that he doesn’t have to file with the FEC until the third quarter."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/huntsman/52110513-188/million-huntsman-campaign-quarter.html.csp

Ahh, that`s the reason why I don't find anything about Huntsman for the 2nd quarter.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »

Obama has 10 Mio. more cash-on-hand than all of his 11 GOP rivals combined (incl. Sarah Palin's 1.4 Mio. $ and Huntsman's estimated 3 Mio. cash-on-hand.

Obama has 37 Mio. $, while the 11 Republicans have 27 Mio. $ - of which 95% or so will be spent during the primaries.

At least I'll likely get to miss the orgy of attack ads on the eventual GOP nominee that this is going to pay for.  South Carolina is safe GOP so the Columbia market won't have Obama ads, things will be much different than I expect if Georgia is in reach for Obama so I doubt if the Augusta market will have Obama ads, and I can always not watch the news on the stations in the GSA market if Obama goes after North Carolina.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:43 AM »

How on earth raising "less than $2Million" is great?

For someone who is essentially ignored as a candidate, I don't think it's half bad. And I was obviously saying it's great that he isn't in debt like Newt.

link

Say what you want about Santorum (and we know people will because they're obsessive, hateful creatures) but at least his campaign team hasn't almost totally collapsed like the one time supposedly credible candidate also mentioned in that post.  Smiley
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »

For someone who is essentially ignored as a candidate, I don't think it's half bad. And I was obviously saying it's great that he isn't in debt like Newt.

link

Say what you want about Santorum (and we know people will because they're obsessive, hateful creatures) but at least his campaign team hasn't almost totally collapsed like the one time supposedly credible candidate also mentioned in that post.  Smiley

Santorum isn't screwed because he has a campaign team running for the hills (a problem with Gingrich and Cain), but because he is running on a platform that ain't gonna fly this season.

It doesn't matter how much he pushes his Christianity, it won't work in this season, and his bombastic rants about gays only serve to alienate the fiscal cons who are in charge right now.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »

link

Santorum isn't screwed because he has a campaign team running for the hills (a problem with Gingrich and Cain), but because he is running on a platform that ain't gonna fly this season.

It doesn't matter how much he pushes his Christianity, it won't work in this season, and his bombastic rants about gays only serve to alienate the fiscal cons who are in charge right now.

1) Santorum hasn't harped that much about social issues. I hear him talk about the economy and foreign affairs far more often these days.

2) Social conservatives are still in charge (note the criticism of Romney and popularity of Bachmann).
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »

2) Social conservatives are still in charge (note the criticism of Romney and popularity of Bachmann).

No.

Bachmann is popular because she's perceived as a libertarian-leaning Tea Partier.  I sh** you not, I had a friend ask me what I thought of "Bachmann, I hear she's kind of libertarian".  The pray-the-gay-away stuff and other loony so-con positions will sink her.

The criticism of Romney, first and foremost, is that he's a RINO trying really hard to fool everyone.  Romneycare will sink him.  I don't think anyone outside of the Bible Belt really cares that he's a Mormon, I imagine a lot of people think that's like an Episcopalian or something.

I just wonder when one of these candidates will start having the balls to actually attack.  I'm sick of this goddamn Tea Party lovefest of fake-ass social conservative retreads.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »

No.

Bachmann is popular because she's perceived as a libertarian-leaning Tea Partier.  I sh** you not, I had a friend ask me what I thought of "Bachmann, I hear she's kind of libertarian".  The pray-the-gay-away stuff and other loony so-con positions will sink her.

The criticism of Romney, first and foremost, is that he's a RINO trying really hard to fool everyone.  Romneycare will sink him.  I don't think anyone outside of the Bible Belt really cares that he's a Mormon, I imagine a lot of people think that's like an Episcopalian or something.

I just wonder when one of these candidates will start having the balls to actually attack.  I'm sick of this goddamn Tea Party lovefest of fake-ass social conservative retreads.

Meanwhile, everyone except your friend talks about Bachmann as a social conservative force especially known for her social conservative stances especially on gay marriage.

And why do you think people think Romney is a RINO? A lot of it has to do with his social stances.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »

No.

Meanwhile, everyone except your friend talks about Bachmann as a social conservative force especially known for her social conservative stances especially on gay marriage.

And why do you think people think Romney is a RINO? A lot of it has to do with his social stances.

Bachmann is a social conservative and Romney is a RINO.

I don't see why anyone is plausably convinced otherwise, and it just shows how little everyone is paying attention.

The above are why I don't think either Bachmann or Romney win the nomination.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies