I'm disgusted with the media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:41:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  I'm disgusted with the media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm disgusted with the media  (Read 5306 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 14, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »

I can't help but note that a liberal complains about media bias when it's HIS candidate with the e-mail scandal that becomes The Gift That Keeps On Giving for Donald Trump.  But, yes, Rep LLR is right in his observations.

I noted this in another thread, but the real dumbing down of Presidential campaigns occurred in 1992 when Bill Clinton went on Arsenio Hall and played the sax.  It seemed innocuous enough, but what it represented was a major candidate bypassing the national media and getting his message out through entertainment circles.  Now, the national media have to compete with late night tv, talk shows, talk radio, opinion tv (FOX, MSNBC) and social media, as well as the national news outlets.  Chris Wallace has to compete with Howie Carr, who has to compete with a viral meme on Facebook.  

I would not agree that the media has been easy on Trump.  They've jumped on him, attacked him, stay after him.  Trump just plays the game better; he knows something about how to do media that none of his opponents really get.  I suspect one of those things Trump knows is that there is a lot of things that the media whips itself into a frenzy about that ordinary voters don't give a crap about.  This is why Trump isn't being demolished for not revealing his tax returns; folks really don't care about it enough to change their voting behavior.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:57 PM »

I agree that the media covers Trump more for ratings, but what sane person could say the media is helping him now? Other than Hannity and ORielly what major media figures support Trump?

The media is helping Trump even when it tries not to.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:14:11 AM »

The irony is that Red Hacks/media don't understand that they help Trump.

Every time Trump says something Red Hacks/media is SCREAMING:

RACIST!!! FASCIST!!! DEPLORABLE!!! HITLER!!! MUSSOLINI!!!

All those word are high-energy and should be used carefully, only when those fit perfectly in context. When Red Hacks/media always use them, they became low-energy, transforming into a noise, that voters ignore. Voters just divide Red Hacks/media's bullsh**t by 100.

But then when media start to talk about legitimate issues, voters divide this by 100 as well.

What is more important? That guy was doing a scummy business or that he is F**KING RACIST, FASCIST, DEPLORABLE, HITLER, MUSSOLINI ?

Textbook definition of  "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" Grin

This.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies