NJ's Next Elected Senator, Bob Menendez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:46:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ's Next Elected Senator, Bob Menendez
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: NJ's Next Elected Senator, Bob Menendez  (Read 6353 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:17:48 PM »

Menendez is poised to become NJ's newly elected Senator in the fall. Kean Jr. has been unable to gain on Menendez's supposed ethics faults and hasn't been able to raise good amounts of money. While the race is in dead heat, the states natural democratic nature will sweep Menendez into office this November. This thread was made mostly to annoy Menendez foes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 07:30:25 PM »

Menendez is poised to become NJ's newly elected Senator in the fall. Kean Jr. has been unable to gain on Menendez's supposed ethics faults and hasn't been able to raise good amounts of money. While the race is in dead heat, the states natural democratic nature will sweep Menendez into office this November. This thread was made mostly to annoy Menendez foes.

....the hell?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »

here comes flaming from the hack, Downwitdaleft in 3..2...1....
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »

Menendez is a typical Jersey scumbag who is going to lose come November.
Deano963

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

Menendez will win b/c he will crush Kean Jr. in the airwaves, pure and simple. All of these supposed ethics violations that I am constantly hearing repubs crow about, I have never once heard backed up by any solid facts, which leads me to believe they are nothing more than attacks by rabid partisans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 08:47:17 PM »

Menendez will win because that Fairleigh Dickinson poll and Quinnipiac Univ are partisan pollsters. They claimed in 2004 that the race in New Jersey presidential race would be close and it wasn't close. I will rely on the non partisan polls, TU very much for nothing.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08:53 PM »

Menendez rent profits unethical

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2MDcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5ODE2MTAmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

Menendez rented his old house to a non-profit group, he got federal funds for them, they used the fed money to pay rent to Menendez and also the employees kicked in $30,000 in political contributions paid off the federal grant Menendez got for them.

In a column in today's Star Ledger, Paul Mulshine points out that the rent Menendez collected was about 3X the going rate for similar buildings near-by.   Menendez collected over $300.00 in rent.

Sounds like a case of classic NJ corruption to me, where politicians are so corrupt they don't even know what corruption is.

Much to my surprise Kean has a lead in the most recent poll
NJ Sen, Fairleigh Dickinson/Public Mind, poll:
Kean (R) 43%, Menendez (D-Incumbent) 39%.
Poll conducted Aug. 21-27 among 651 registered voters in New Jersey.

Given the Democratic bent of NJ, Menendez should win, but I give Kean a chance at an upset
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 09:11:38 PM »

You forgot the partisan SV poll had it 42-40%, Menendez.  And didn't you forget that FDU and Keystone poll had the races very close almost leaning toward Bush in 2004 and they fell toward Kerry at the end. I wouldn't bet the farm on Keystone poll or FDU.
Conan
conan

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:03 PM »

Menendez rent profits unethical

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2MDcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5ODE2MTAmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

Menendez rented his old house to a non-profit group, he got federal funds for them, they used the fed money to pay rent to Menendez and also the employees kicked in $30,000 in political contributions paid off the federal grant Menendez got for them.

In a column in today's Star Ledger, Paul Mulshine points out that the rent Menendez collected was about 3X the going rate for similar buildings near-by.   Menendez collected over $300.00 in rent.

Sounds like a case of classic NJ corruption to me, where politicians are so corrupt they don't even know what corruption is.

Much to my surprise Kean has a lead in the most recent poll
NJ Sen, Fairleigh Dickinson/Public Mind, poll:
Kean (R) 43%, Menendez (D-Incumbent) 39%.
Poll conducted Aug. 21-27 among 651 registered voters in New Jersey.

Given the Democratic bent of NJ, Menendez should win, but I give Kean a chance at an upset

OH my GOD! Menendez got federal funding for a healthcare services company thats helps poor people. How dare he work for a constituent and then rent his old house to them while not making a profit!  Oh and then he sold the house and they still rent it!  NJ isnt the most corrupt state, other states just have better criminals. Besides that I'd like to see Sharpe James go to jail though.
Conan
conan

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »

....the hell?

can I help you or something?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »

conan is completely correct, Menendez will win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

The republicans are dreaming that they will win this race. This is the only race that is competetive, WA, MD, and MN aren't so they think that this will be their takeover and they are sadly mistaken, university polls like FDU are unreliable. 
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 10:07:55 PM »

My friend conan is correct, but the necessity of this thread seems low.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 10:08:57 PM »

The people of NJ hate corrupt people really bad. They blame them for government waste and so much. We just wouldnt elect one if they were deemed to actually be corrupt. However as much as Kean tries he is failing. They even thought Bush could win her in 04 but it was so obvious he never had a chance. Anyway Menendez will win. The only thing wrong with Kean is his party, social security, and his Iraq stance. Otherwise he could win.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 10:21:22 PM »

This thread was made mostly to annoy Menendez foes.

That's called trolling, pal. Board rules tend to frown upon that sort of activity.

As to the thread topic itself, show me Menendez consistently polling ahead of Kean outside the margin of error, and I'll be persuaded to agree with you.
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »

This thread was made mostly to annoy Menendez foes.

That's called trolling, pal. Board rules tend to frown upon that sort of activity.

As to the thread topic itself, show me Menendez consistently polling ahead of Kean outside the margin of error, and I'll be persuaded to agree with you.

NJ qualifies for being outside the margin of error. NJ polls usually always underestimate the Democrats numbers as like with the governors race and races before that.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 10:38:29 PM »

New Jersey usually has ridiculous numbers of undecideds which break en mass at the end, many times for the Democrat. There's no way to predict who they'll break for this year.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 10:47:20 PM »

New Jersey usually has ridiculous numbers of undecideds which break en mass at the end, many times for the Democrat. There's no way to predict who they'll break for this year.

If ou look at the past history of when they break for the Dems (which is more often than not) as opposed to when they don't one thing pops out.  How well known the GOP candidate is.  When its a GOP candidate that is fairly well known early on they will tend to break heavily for the Dems.  The only times they haven't broken heavily for the Dems is when the GOP candidate was not well known early on (Franks in 2000, Whitman's 1st go around).  Virtually every time the GOP canndidate has been well known, the undecideds broke heavily Democratic, and Kean JR is well know.

P.S congrats on 15k, damn thats alot of posts
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 10:47:58 PM »

This is the Republicans best pickup opportunity, with Washington coming in as a close second.  Republicans should be worried that their five best Senate pickup chances come in Blue States.

I agree that Menendez wins, but he will only prevail because he will be swamping the airwaves with negative ads in October.
Conan
conan

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 10:50:41 PM »

Actually you just did, "many times to the democrats". It's very likely.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 10:54:01 PM »

Is corruption inherent in New Jersey government? Who was the last Governor (Democratic or Republican)  of New Jersey who wasn't somehow linked to corruption?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 10:56:09 PM »

Many times is nowhere near all the time. Anyway, read the first part of my first post here and think before you post nonsense like that again.

Smash: Thanks for noticing. 15K? Holy crap.
Conan
conan

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:35 AM »

Many times is nowhere near all the time. Anyway, read the first part of my first post here and think before you post nonsense like that again.

Smash: Thanks for noticing. 15K? Holy crap.

Actually I did read it all and I am right. You also know I am right. You'll just be convinced for sure in November.
Conan
conan

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 12:30:37 AM »

Is corruption inherent in New Jersey government? Who was the last Governor (Democratic or Republican)  of New Jersey who wasn't somehow linked to corruption?
Well Jon Corzine they really dont make any arguments on actually being corrupt. Everyone is always labeled as corrupt though here. Jon Corzine is too rich to be corrupt, he lends money to friends, employees, churches, and gives to charities. Then when some one endorses him and they see that Corzine lent them money, uh oh hes corrupt. Like his ex-girlfriend of a year or an old friend. The last person who was never called corrupt is Dick Codey, Frank Lautenberg, Bill Bradley, and Tom Kean Sr.
Conan
conan

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 12:44:58 AM »

SENATOR MENENDEZ
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies