GOP in a position to whiff on the four biggest prizes: CA, WA, IL and DE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP in a position to whiff on the four biggest prizes: CA, WA, IL and DE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GOP in a position to whiff on the four biggest prizes: CA, WA, IL and DE  (Read 2102 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 11:02:40 PM »

A notable exception, for you and Ronnie. But it seems for the most part I have had a various moments bad luck with many of our CA posters. Some have been resolved in a positive way, while others haven't.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »

I was saying that the GOP picked great candidates in WA and PA. Rossi and Toomey both fought off Tea Party challenges from the right, though they weren't as serious as most challengers. Rossi and Toomey are great for these areas because they focus on economic and fiscal policy without, and I used this term very specifically, crusading for the Religious Right.

You shouldn't take my helpful advice as an insult.

Toomey really didn't have to fight anyone off. Luksik is a perenial nusiance and nothing more. And definately not a "Tea Party" challenger or what one should be. She was not going to get more then 25% of the vote against Toomey. Though I purposely underestimated Toomey's margin significantly just in case she did arise the Tea Party. For the most part the Tea Party groups have enthusiatically backed Toomey around the state and he has been warmly received at Tea Party events.

WA could reasonably be called "figthing off a tea Party challenge" as could ILL, and MO (similar margin to Toomey's but it was a real threat at one point)

I shouldn't do a lot of things, over-sensitivity is the least of the them in importance.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »

Biggest prize? What? CA was never going to seriously be competitive, and IL/WA are very much still in play.

California was seriously competitive for quite a while there, if you believe any of the polling anyway.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »

A notable exception, for you and Ronnie. But it seems for the most part I have had a various moments bad luck with many of our CA posters. Some have been resolved in a positive way, while others haven't.

Have you had bad luck with me?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »

Biggest prize? What? CA was never going to seriously be competitive, and IL/WA are very much still in play.

California was seriously competitive for quite a while there, if you believe any of the polling anyway.

I certainly didn't believe Fiorina would win. And while polling was interesting for a while, I don't think there were too many people put there who viewed that race as anything serious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »

jmfcst is still saying Boxer will lose by over 5 points.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 12:49:36 AM »

jmfcst is still saying Boxer will lose by over 5 points.

It'll be due to the Toilet Paper wave, you see.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »

You know what's kind of amusing is the same people who raved about the supposedly horrible hackish predictions of 2008 are now making far worse ones and making them seriously unlike the hackish ones being mocked since they mostly didn't exist. Remember the endless "OMG OBAMA IS GOING TO WIN KANSAS!" sarcastic jokes because there was a total of one map posted with Kansas going Obama as a joke or something? And yet the same people raving about that call people hacks for saying that O'Donnell has no chance and Boxer is favored now. It's beyond inane.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies