SENATE BILL: Senate Resolution on the 2014 Crimean Crisis (Amendment Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:47:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Senate Resolution on the 2014 Crimean Crisis (Amendment Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Senate Resolution on the 2014 Crimean Crisis (Amendment Vote)  (Read 3939 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:34 PM »

I support this resolution.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »

NAY
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »

First they came for the Georgians, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not Georgian.

Then they came for Crimeans, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not Crimean.

Then they came for East Ukrainians, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not East Ukrainian.

Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee. Just because the True Leftists here can't criticize Moscow because of its communist past. And the new governor in Ukraine isn't nazi, that's definitely a blatant lie.

Um... what?
Have you seen Snowstalkers's past comments?

Snowstalker is not representative of True Leftists on this site.
Maybe not, but he seems to use the same logic than TNF here; "AAAAAAARGH, the new ukrainian government is full of nazis".
And yes, I tend to believe that the far-left seem to face some difficulties to condemn openly Russia. See Mélenchon in France. Maybe TNF could explain why he's so opposed to defend a country who is being oppressed by a dictatorship?

The fact that my amendment doesn't cut out the condemnation of Russia speaks volumes as to my position here. I do strongly condemn Russia for it's violation of Ukrainian sovereignty. That being said, I do not think that it is the business of Atlasia to get involved here beyond condemnation. Our involvement will only heighten tensions with Russia and make things worse. Again, I'm not about to "give my full support" to a government led around by the nose by armed neo-Nazis, either.

What good does saying you "strongly condemn" something do if you aren't actually willing to get involved and do anything about it?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »

AYE
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States