Why are the Kochs backing Walker? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:01:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why are the Kochs backing Walker? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are the Kochs backing Walker?  (Read 6074 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 28, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »

Seriously, why? The Kochs are libertarians who would line up with the Pauls best. If they actually used their money in a useful way, they could really bring libertarianism into the mainstream. Do they think that Paul has no chance of winning, therefore they put their money behind the candidate that is the most conservative and has a chance of winning? Otherwise I don't understand their thinking.

They like eager way he obediently grovels?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

Are the Koch brothers backing Walker? It seems to me that this association between the two was caused by that fake phone call but actually, that fake phone call proves he isn't in their pocket. If he was really their bitch, he would have been able to recognize it wasn't their voice.

Obviously you are overestimating Walker's mental capabilities.

Note: You are talking about a guy who a) won three elections (one of them a recall) in a row, and b) has come out a winner in a merciless war against Wisconsin unions.

Say what you want about Scott Walker, but the evidence so far does not suggest he is some dumbass yokel who doesn't know his politics.  He does, and that's what makes him extremely dangerous.

I see "won three elections" regularly brought up on Walker's political resume again and again. But no one ever points out the context of his victories. I'm sure that if the Democratic nominee for President is Tom Barrett, or the executive of a family corporation whose previous election experience was winning a seat on the school board, Walker would stand a good chance of winning. But that is not the race he's running in.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »

Re: Why are the Kochs backing Walker?

The Koch brothers own Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

Seriously, ElectionsGuy—you cannot "understand" this?!

Again, this is a dumb meme. They don't own him anymore than they own any other Republican.

"Koch brothers summon Bush, Cruz, Walker, Rubio to SoCal confab."
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/koch-brothers-wealthy-donors-gop-2016-freedom-partners-seminar-california-120663.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd ask why the Kochs even bother to use a middleman, but obviously they have better things to do than waste their time being President. (Maybe we'll get lucky and an earthquake will turn the lot of them into paste.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies