Opinion of condoms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of condoms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion:
Freedom Contraceptive

Horrible Contraceptive

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of condoms  (Read 10507 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since. 

Holy Mother of God, what on Earth?! You got a vasectomy at 24!?!? Why? Why on Earth would you so that? Why, just why?

That should be illegal, at least before the age of 40.

Meh, once you have all the kids you want to have, I don't see why you wouldn't get a vasectomy.
Panda Express

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »

You don't need them if a girl is on top. Thanks to gravity, she won't be able to get pregnant.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2015, 08:37:04 AM »

You don't need them if a girl is on top. Thanks to gravity, she won't be able to get pregnant.

LOL
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since. 

Holy Mother of God, what on Earth?! You got a vasectomy at 24!?!? Why? Why on Earth would you so that? Why, just why?

If Mrs. Grumps got pregnant again it could have been kaput for her and the child.  Reason enough for you, Simi? 
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »

As with most things related to the actual mechanics of sex, somewhat unsavory to spend too much time thinking about, but, obviously, better to have them than not (sane). FC.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about condoms until they become nothing more than second nature.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about monogamy until condoms become nothing more than a contraceptive.  Not that it is likely to happen, but the world would be better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.

Um, why should the world spend more time thinking about monogamy? There's nothing great about monogamy.

And why is the world better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.

That sounds like a personal lifestyle choice, not something "the world" should have to spend more time thinking about.

As for condoms, obviously FC, like any contraceptive they make sex "as entertainment" possible, including sex with more than one person.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2015, 03:45:54 PM »

Classic.  Well done, Panda.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »

FC, obviously. As there are other forms of contraception available, I think they're particularly and especially important in preventing the spread of STDs.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »

As with most things related to the actual mechanics of sex, somewhat unsavory to spend too much time thinking about, but, obviously, better to have them than not (sane). FC.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about condoms until they become nothing more than second nature.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about monogamy until condoms become nothing more than a contraceptive.  Not that it is likely to happen, but the world would be better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.

Um, why should the world spend more time thinking about monogamy? There's nothing great about monogamy.

And why is the world better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.

That sounds like a personal lifestyle choice, not something "the world" should have to spend more time thinking about.

Already covered in the follow-ups to that post you quoted.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »

Why is that such a bad thing? If people don't want kids they don't want kids.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2015, 10:47:03 PM »

Doesn't Grumps have a kid anyway?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2015, 01:53:19 PM by Grumps »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since.  

Yep, 1 daughter.  It was after we had our one and only that we proceeded down this path.  (Note to Gully:  If I asked her to make me a sandwich it would probably be the best ever considering she's a top Sous Chef in one of the best restaurants in New Orleans  Smiley  )
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »

I tried the female condom, not a fan.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2015, 07:19:45 AM »

FC

I've avoided using a condom most of the time because most women I've been involved with tend to college educated, urban liberals and thus have a nuva ring.

Condoms are still useful for STDs but for that I just get tested to prove I'm clean.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2015, 08:28:47 AM »

FC (but I like Cory Gardner Tongue)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »

Anyway, Cory Gardner is now Senator, so I implore the moderators to quickly close this thread before Dave Leip is sent to jail.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since.  

Yep, 1 daughter.  It was after we had our one and only that we proceeded down this path.  (Note to Gully:  If I asked her to make me a sandwich it would probably be the best ever considering she's a top Sous Chef in one of the best restaurants in New Orleans  Smiley  )

Ah, I see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies