Israel general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:06:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 228540 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« on: September 09, 2015, 03:56:16 AM »

since the issue of Syrian refugees has come up, a poll has been done about with very definitive results:

Do you support or oppose accepting refugees in Israel?

Oppose: 80%
Support: 11%
Don't know: 9%

Bibi is definitely with most Israelis on this issue.

Good. very glad to see most Israelis are sensible on this.

Sane! Not accepting war-torn refugees is the f*king sane person.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »

since the issue of Syrian refugees has come up, a poll has been done about with very definitive results:

Do you support or oppose accepting refugees in Israel?

Oppose: 80%
Support: 11%
Don't know: 9%

Bibi is definitely with most Israelis on this issue.

Good. very glad to see most Israelis are sensible on this.

Sane! Not accepting war-torn refugees is the f*king sane person.

Not accepting them in Israel almost certainly is. Decisions don't occur in moral vacuums distinct from reality. An employee of Wal-Mart is not evil because he fails to donate $100,000 to help a Syrian family or any less moral than a billionaire.

That said, Israel should probably donate to help resettle the refugees elsewhere.
'

How does Isreal, as well as other countries, get a pass for not taking in refugees. Especially Isreal, which gets the coddlement of the US and most western countries, and the highest military aid from the US, get the pass of not taking the humane position of taking in refugees
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2017, 08:50:37 AM by Intell »

Let's get rid of the concept that the US government and it's actions in foreign policy, are any better than Israel's. I supported the settlement resolution, but the US only defended Israel, because of those dirty soviets, and it's foreign policy on left-wing development in third word, replacing it with fascist regime, for vengeance for not participating in NATO hegemony is awful.

I know this is off-topic, but if we're talking about US foreign policy, is not martyr levels, in Israel or otherwise.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:39:11 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2017, 08:40:43 AM by Intell »

The Knesset today voted 51-17 in favor of banning the far left NGO Breaking the Silence from schools, with Meretz and the Joint List opposing the proposal.
Meretz and ZU, I assume the Joint List would be against, but no one from the party was present.
I stand corrected. Had hoped some people in ZU would have seen the light, but too optimistic.

Roll Eyes

Soldiers can't have freedom of speech, and children be expose and learn different viewpoints it seems.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24:22 AM »

In regards to Israel, there is, at least from my opinion a great youtuber who asks questions about the Israel-Palestine issues in Israel and Palestine and around the world. Been hooked on his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/coreygilshuster
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:39 PM »

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/rights-groups-demand-israel-stop-arming-neo-nazis-in-the-ukraine-1.6248727

What's this about?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »

I don't even really have a major problem with Isreali action on Gaza though I feel it is definitely too disproportionate. The settlements and Isreal actions in the Westbank I can see no justification for.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »

I don't even really have a major problem with Isreali action on Gaza though I feel it is definitely too disproportionate. The settlements and Isreal actions in the Westbank I can see no justification for.

I find this position much more legitimate than that of many left-wing critics of Israel. If this was the bulk of the criticism, I'd be much more sympathetic to anti-Israeli leftists, but as it stands, the focus on Gaza reveals many of these critics to deny Israel's right to defend itself and thus exist, and specifically target Israel's actions there while ignoring, or focusing less, on the actions of numerous other western countries against targets much further from their borders. This is an indication that much of this criticism stems from the fact that Israel is the Jewish state.

The settlements, however, are something else- I also find them hard to defend, especially the radical, new ones which are basically a bunch of caravans holding the government by its balls. Though, of course, some settlement criticisms are also blatantly anti-Jewish, such as that of the BDS.

I feel like that is the soft-left criticism of Israel vs the hard left criticism of Israel aka Corbyn. I would have more in common ideologically with the former in the past at least though have to support the latter.

By soft left, I am referring to the more moderate wing of the left-wing or center of social democratic parties.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:23 AM »

Nivin Abu Rahmon was sword in as MK for Joint List (balad), raising their tally of women to 3.

Though elections is right around the corner next after her are two Jewish women in Lea Zemmel (balad) and Noa Levy (Hadash).

Balad has Jewish members? I thought only Hadash did of the Joint List parties.
Yes, Balad predecessor was even formed by a former Jewish ex general (Mati Peled)

The important question being why they're in balad or the joint list in general instead of Meretz.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »

We should bring in anyone who hates homosexuals, black people etc as long as they like Jews to our parliament! I mean, LGBTQ and Ethiopian Israelis have no feelings.

I'm mean this at the very least is false. I'm pretty sure she doesn't "hate" black people either just has stupid and prejudiced views (which is definitely wrong).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies