NFL 2011 Season Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:33:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 47598 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »

5) Yes, the 49ers win ugly, but they are winning, even if its over another bad team in Washington.  Basically, the only games the 49ers play that they can lose are the Giants and Steelers at home, and the Ravens on the road.  The rest is AFC West hell.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up the #2 seed when all is done, actually, with that schedule.

Jints have too tough a schedule in my book.  Saints, I guess, but they have the habit of choking some games, and they've got to face Atlanta, who could well challenge them for the division.  Don't see how Green Bay is not the #1 seed, of course.

I expect that they will. Who else could?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2011, 11:57:12 PM »

DA BEARS
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2011, 01:37:42 AM »

Dream Team.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2011, 02:21:07 AM »

The Nightmares they're giving me and fellow birds fans are dreams too, King.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

the Jets are the no. 1 ranked team in the NFL according to advanced metrics site footballoutsiders.com.

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/week-9-dvoa-ratings
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »

See ya, DeSean
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »

Will this be the year Norv gets the door?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »

One would hope. He's worse than Shanahan at riding the talent of his players. At least Shanahan won some things. Norv is so bad he can't even take a #1 ranked offense WITH a #1 ranked defense to the playoffs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »

One would hope. He's worse than Shanahan at riding the talent of his players. At least Shanahan won some things. Norv is so bad he can't even take a #1 ranked offense WITH a #1 ranked defense to the playoffs.

He's the only coach who can have several failing years and never be on the hot seat.  Based on that, he'll stay.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »

The Nightmares they're giving me and fellow birds fans are dreams too, King.

New York Times profile for the Eagles - Giants week 3 game still pertinent:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »

Looks like DeSean was playing for his own Dream Team this morning, the little twat. Figures...of all people to "sleep in" and miss a meeting it's the Rosenhaus diva. I see it as a win-win. He doesn't have to risk his precious body for a team he doesn't care about and we get to try out Cooper and Smith to work out his replacement. Time for someone to hide Asante's alarm clock so we can move Rodgers-Cromartie outside.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »

Looks like DeSean was playing for his own Dream Team this morning, the little twat. Figures...of all people to "sleep in" and miss a meeting it's the Rosenhaus diva. I see it as a win-win. He doesn't have to risk his precious body for a team he doesn't care about and we get to try out Cooper and Smith to work out his replacement. Time for someone to hide Asante's alarm clock so we can move Rodgers-Cromartie outside.

Do you think DJ will be traded or cut in the offseason?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »

He'll be an FA.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »

He's talented, but right now Maclin is the better receiver.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »

I didn't know what year of his contract he was in.  I will laugh if he stays unemployed.  Although, with how quicly Tampa Bay grabbed Albert Haynesworth, I would be very suprised if Jackson isn't in high demand come March.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »

He won't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »

Apparently, Maclin is out with an injury.  The game is still scoreless.  I'm thinking the Cardinals may have a chance here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

D-d-d-dream team.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:18 PM »

Buh-bye Eagles.  And, I have just lost my second straight week on Pick a Winner...  Oh well, the Eagles are in the cellar with the Redskins.  Now, if we can get San Francisco to do their job, then Dallas will just be one game out of first in the NFC East!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »

I didn't know what year of his contract he was in.  I will laugh if he stays unemployed.  Although, with how quicly Tampa Bay grabbed Albert Haynesworth, I would be very suprised if Jackson isn't in high demand come March.

He'll be snagged almost immediately, I'm sure. He's the TO of the future. Infinite potential and a me-first attitude that becomes cancerous on a team. DeSean's world revolves around DeSean. He'll be fantastic his first year or two on his new team and then he'll eat away at it.

The rest of our team is completely lost. On defense we have a deeply flawed plan and confused players. And the players that aren't confused are just terrible. Everyone on both sides of the ball has been absolutely embarrassing at the most simple of tasks like tackling and ball security. On offense there's just absolutely nobody performing but McCoy and he's negated by Reid's inexplicable hatred of running. The humiliatingly transparent and detrimental fakes to McCoy on every single pass are baffling. On top of the idiocy from all fronts is the undoubted stubbornness that will prevent us from helping any situation in games to come.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »

The Seahawks are beating the Ravens 19-7 almost half time.  I wonder, though, how long they can survive on just field goals?  They are leaving points on the board big time.  Seattle better hope Joe Flacco and Co. don't wake up at halftime, or they're toast.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »

Another field goal for Seattle. That's 5.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »

February, please get here soon.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »

Jets are always making stupid mistakes that cost them.  Sanchez with early TO, Eric Smith with a 15 yd facemask and his inability to cover anyone.  Folk picks biggest game of the year to miss a chip shot.  Several dropped interceptions etc. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2011, 11:17:48 PM »

Quick hitters (Week 10)

1) So Indy will win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.  Question is: Is he the real deal, and how does he help their godawful defense?
2) What the hell is Mike Smith thinking?  It's one thing going for it on 4th and a foot at your own 29, it's quite another to call a handoff to your running back up the middle.  QB sneak anyone?  Fire him, now.
3) Another week, another completely dominating win by the Texans.  And the best record in the AFC for now going into the bye.  With most of the season without Andre Johnson.  I gotta admit, they look for real out there.  As such, I'm scared.  That being said, they have three games left against their crappy division (@Jax, @Indy, Ten) and three games outside (@Cin, Atl, Car).  These are all winnable games.
4) Pittsburgh continues to do enough just to win games, but that's all that really counts, especially in a big division game like this.  They can't run the ball, but they got a couple of turnovers today.  Of course, two of their three losses were against the Ravens, so they may end up getting screwed in the end (the other against the Texans, of course).
5) Philadelphia is dead.  There's no excuse for what happened today.  Of course, I say this and the Giants and Cowboys will collapse.  Doubtful.
6) John Fox has his game plan down to a tee with Tebow at QB.  Run the ball everytime, except for the QB bootleg fake where Tebow runs it, and the occasional deep pass every game.  Maybe they should run the wishbone or some option too.  Of course, this won't work most of the time, but against the Chiefs...
7) Dallas has games like this, then games where they blow these leads, then games where they come back from these types of deficits.  It's the saga that is Tony Romo.  But what a difference a running game makes.  Meanwhile, Buffalo got a bit lucky at the beginning of the season, didn't they...
Cool Baltimore sure does play down to their competition, don't they.  Their losses this season - Tenn, Jax and Seattle.  And they should have lost to Arizona.  You know the reason why, today is good example - they get behind, they completely abandon the running game.  Let's see, Seattle scored their first touchdown to lead 7-0 with 8:48 left in the first quarter, recovered a fumble on the kickoff and kicked a field goal with 5:26 left in the first quarter.  Prior to this point, Baltimore ran the ball 4 times.  After this touchdown (last 54:32 of ballgame), Baltimore ran the ball 8 times, two of which were Flacco running out of passing plays.  They did lose the turnover battle too, but still...  Food for thought for Ravens' fans.
9) Yes, the 49ers are for real, especially since they're going to get a bye and a home game, barring collapse.  How they beat the Packers, I have no clue, but they can sure get there...
10) Jay Cutler doesn't have to be a star for Chicago to win.  He might be starting to figure that out.  Which reminds me, Chicago is a team to be reckoned with.  What this game proves is that Stafford and the Lions are still young.  I still like the "dirty" football they play from time to time.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies