Lady Gaga firing up the crowd right now in North Carolina with Hillary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:37:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Lady Gaga firing up the crowd right now in North Carolina with Hillary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lady Gaga firing up the crowd right now in North Carolina with Hillary  (Read 1036 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »

I was deeply bearish about Clinton's chances in this election, especially for NC, but this lame stunt seals it: Clinton is done.

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »

I was deeply bearish about Clinton's chances in this election, especially for NC, but this lame stunt seals it: Clinton is done.

What? lol

I've never found these sorts of theatrical acts all that effective at turning out the vote, or in increasing voter enthusiasm. It's all pretty damned pathetic actually.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:38:30 AM »

What? lol

I've never found these sorts of theatrical acts all that effective at turning out the vote, or in increasing voter enthusiasm. It's all pretty damned pathetic actually.

So, because you find it unhelpful/distasteful ... that applies to everyone else. Comethefon

It's putting the cart before the horse. Kerry tried to use live concerts to motivate the younger age brackets of the Democratic base to turn out, but it failed. And before him it was Dukakis.

Bill Clinton was the exception: he could do this because the turnout of his base was assured in both elections and ready to turn out, and, besides, he was a 43 year old whose body could take the abuse for one night. And, frankly, Clinton reminds me more of Kerry than of Bill Clinton in this respect.

But that's derailing the thread so I won't say more about it.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »

Always trust your instincts based on evidence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies