2014 Senate and House Predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:38:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senate and House Predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Senate and House Predictions  (Read 18765 times)
hopper
United States

« on: January 19, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »

I think Lee Terry(R-NE 2) is very vunerable. He only won his seat by 2 points last year.

CA 31- I don't know on paper Miller looks vunerable but election time you don't know how thats gonna turn out. He is probably in a seat that is the most moderate district a Republican currently holds.

MI 11 only looks appetizing to the Dems because of the reindeer ranching tea partier that currently holds the seat.

I think the Republicans should eye CA-26 next cycle. Brownley is too liberal to hold that seat I think. Strickland was a "Moderate Conservative" and he still lost. Signing the "Norquist Tax Pledge" I think made him look polarizing.

Sean Patrick Maloney's seat we need more of an Economic Moderate R to win that seat. Hayworth was mostly a straight down the line Tea Partier. She wasn't a good fit for the district.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »

I think Lee Terry(R-NE 2) is very vunerable. He only won his seat by 2 points last year.

CA 31- I don't know on paper Miller looks vunerable but election time you don't know how thats gonna turn out. He is probably in a seat that is the most moderate district a Republican currently holds.

MI 11 only looks appetizing to the Dems because of the reindeer ranching tea partier that currently holds the seat.

I think the Republicans should eye CA-26 next cycle. Brownley is too liberal to hold that seat I think. Strickland was a "Moderate Conservative" and he still lost. Signing the "Norquist Tax Pledge" I think made him look polarizing.

Sean Patrick Maloney's seat we need more of an Economic Moderate R to win that seat. Hayworth was mostly a straight down the line Tea Partier. She wasn't a good fit for the district.

CA-26 will probably not go back to Republicans absent a GOP wave. 

Maloney will be a far tougher target for Republicans than Hall was for several reasons.  The first is that the district shifted about a point to the left in redistricting.  The other big reason is that Maloney will raise an enormous amount of money, unlike Hall, who hated having to raise money and was a generally lazy campaigner. 
Well CA-26 did start out R+3 in redistricting I think. I don't think Brentwood is liberal either. I think the district is pretty "centrist" fiscally and doesn't want a hard line fiscal liberal. They only voted for Brownley I think because of Strickland signing "The Norquist Tax Pledge"as I said before.

Yeah John Hall got lucky because 2006 and 2008 were Dem wave years.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »

CA-26 was D+2 after redistricting and Strickland tried to fashion himself a moderate, but his record in the legislature was very conservative. CA-26 consist mostly of Ventura County and Oxnard weighs pretty heavily on the balance of the district. The NRCC didn't even buy airtime in that race.
Strickland only lost by 4(52-48%) though I think.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies