Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:55:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 211342 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »

Where will The Clan Bushie be dining this gorgeous Friday in America?  I trust it won't be some icky independent restaurant, what with all the lack of quality control and disinterested, overworked employees.  No, I think the sincere Mexican atmosphere and authentic cuisine of On The Border is in order for our connoisseurs of fine dining.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2015, 05:18:26 PM »

It would be anti-American to not dine at TGI Friday's on Friday.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »

I'm holding out for a return of the enchilada casserole. It's been years since Bushie has posted about it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »

r.i.p.  granny.

the family bushie expects a nearly 90 year old woman to wait on them hand and foot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »

Hey, folks, we're back from dinner.  We went to Ted's Café and Escondido for supper tonight.  It was decent, but it wasn't the best.  Anyway, Memphis, I will be teaching senior adults in their 70's and 80's.  I am just going to teach this Sunday, then try to find someone else to teach for me next Sunday so I can officially move back to Tulsa next Saturday.

I am also going to call the doctor Monday morning and see if I can get into see him about my dizziness and my potential sleep apnea.  While I don't have a job, it would be a good time to see him without having to take off work.  He's kind of difficult to get into see, so it may be a challenge, but I'm certainly going to call and try.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »

You're teaching 70- and 80-year olds... what, exactly?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »

What did you have for dinner? What is your target date to hit the big 3-0-0 on the scale?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

What did you have for dinner? What is your target date to hit the big 3-0-0 on the scale?

Simpsons did it: "King Size Homer" (S07E07).

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »

Hey, folks, we're back from dinner.  We went to Ted's Café and Escondido for supper tonight.  It was decent, but it wasn't the best.  Anyway, Memphis, I will be teaching senior adults in their 70's and 80's.  I am just going to teach this Sunday, then try to find someone else to teach for me next Sunday so I can officially move back to Tulsa next Saturday.

I am also going to call the doctor Monday morning and see if I can get into see him about my dizziness and my potential sleep apnea.  While I don't have a job, it would be a good time to see him without having to take off work.  He's kind of difficult to get into see, so it may be a challenge, but I'm certainly going to call and try.

The doctor's just going to tell you what we've been telling you for years - that you need to lose weight and aren't going to unless you eat healthier and exercise. You'll never listen to him. RIP.

You can't have it both ways, Jeff. One minute, Granny Bushie is a hardy, vibrant woman who has no problem cooking and cleaning and "waiting on [you] some." Now, suddenly she's a frail invalid who is helpless. Why do Aunt and Uncle Bushie have to stay for so long to tend to her? Why can't your parents do that? They actually live near her and it's not like your mom has a job apart from managing Papa's diabeetus and drawing up a new "game plan" for you after the latest firing/layoff. Why weren't you doing it seeing as you've been living in her house for free? I don't buy this "they like to travel" BS. Spending a week in your elderly mother's house cooking and cleaning for her isn't traveling. Sounds more like they have to come in from out of town to do stuff that you and your parents ought to be doing. Whatever the explanation is for what's going on over there, it still has nothing to do with why you need to spend 4 to 5 days there.

You're teaching 70- and 80-year olds... what, exactly?

How far and how fast the Small Town White American Male has fallen in the 21st century.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »

The doctor's just going to tell you what we've been telling you for years - that you need to lose weight and aren't going to unless you eat healthier and exercise. You'll never listen to him. RIP.

You can't have it both ways, Jeff. One minute, Granny Bushie is a hardy, vibrant woman who has no problem cooking and cleaning and "waiting on [you] some." Now, suddenly she's a frail invalid who is helpless. Why do Aunt and Uncle Bushie have to stay for so long to tend to her? Why can't your parents do that? They actually live near her and it's not like your mom has a job apart from managing Papa's diabeetus and drawing up a new "game plan" for you after the latest firing/layoff. Why weren't you doing it seeing as you've been living in her house for free? I don't buy this "they like to travel" BS. Spending a week in your elderly mother's house cooking and cleaning for her isn't traveling. Sounds more like they have to come in from out of town to do stuff that you and your parents ought to be doing. Whatever the explanation is for what's going on over there, it still has nothing to do with why you need to spend 4 to 5 days there.

Listen, you are in NO position whatsoever to condemn anybody in my family.  Keep your mouth shut.  Your opinions are invalid and completely irrelevant.  NEVER condemn my family again!!!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »

He has a whole week of family dinners ahead. I think he can do it before the end of January if he focuses on it hard enough.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »

It's a shame that you're bothered by a simple question or unpleasant truth raised about your family on the Internet by a total stranger, but aren't at all bothered by all the way you've treated your family with regards to spending their money, eating their food and unloading all your debt and problems onto them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2015, 08:21:36 PM »

It's a shame that you're bothered by a simple question or unpleasant truth raised about your family on the Internet by a total stranger, but aren't at all bothered by all the way you've treated your family with regards to spending their money, eating their food and unloading all your debt and problems onto them.

It's a shame that you're bothered by an internet stranger's family that you have to condemn him and his family.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:41 PM »

It's a shame that you're bothered by an internet stranger's family that you have to condemn him and his family.

Not bothered. Just amused and bemused by the total trainwreck that is your life.
Panda Express

« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

BushOklahoma, who is your favorite philosopher?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:13 PM »

(Not meant to be anti-religious)

EDIT: Ah, Joe beat me with an even better one. LOL ^^
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »

Not bothered. Just amused and bemused by the total trainwreck that is your life.

Ehh.. Your opinion.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

guys leave Bushie's family alone, only he's allowed to abuse them! Angry
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »

Hey, folks, we're back from dinner.  We went to Ted's Café and Escondido for supper tonight.  It was decent, but it wasn't the best. 

Oh OF COURSE a nice, quaint little family joint "wasn't the best".  Stick to soulless corporate crap in the future, my friend.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »

Listen, you are in NO position whatsoever to condemn anybody in my family.  Keep your mouth shut.  Your opinions are invalid and completely irrelevant.  NEVER condemn my family again!!!!!

I can see this scenario being realistic (and think your chiding Jeff's parents for shirking supposed responsibilities is going too far). My mother spent a lot of her time taking care of my grandparents after she retired and moved to the same town, and it was nice when her brother or sister would come in for a week or so to give her some downtime. Even when they were in their mid-to-late-80s and were "capable," it was a lot of work to check in, make sure they were taking medications, helping with their bills, driving them to appointments, etc. My grandparents had had serious medical problems that made them less capable of caring for themselves ... not sure if that's the case with Jeff's grandmother.

Despite the realism of the family's scenario, Jeff, it does put you in a little worse light. My grandparents needed support and tending-to, and while I could imagine myself using a spare room in their house if I was in need, I'd damn sure be taking care of them 100 percent if that were the case. You've previously portrayed your grandmother as quite capable ... now she seems in need of more help than we were aware, and if that's the case, I think the question is: why does the rest of the family still have to work hard taking care of grandmother if a 32-year-old man is living with her rent- and responsibility-free?

Just an assumption as to where the vitriol may be coming from ...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »

Title for next season:  Granny vs The Moochers.   
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »

I think the question is: why does the rest of the family still have to work hard taking care of grandmother if a 32-year-old man is living with her rent- and responsibility-free?

That is exactly where my vitriol is coming from. Most people Jeff's age work full time and have a spouse and kids to look after. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON that Jeff could not have been working during the day and minding grandma's house in the evenings and on weekends. It seems like perfectly fair compensation for the free use of her living space.

And if she is in a state where she actually ought to be in assisted living or have some sort of aide come to help her, then it's even more despicable that Mama and Papa are still contributing to Jeff's expenses and debts for sake of an empty apartment and premium cable and new furniture and so on when that money could be used to get grandma the help she needs.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »

The minor rough patch now includes dizziness and sleep apnea. RIP Bushie. Dead within a year. Sad to see Update end so soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2015, 10:20:19 PM »

I think the question is: why does the rest of the family still have to work hard taking care of grandmother if a 32-year-old man is living with her rent- and responsibility-free?

That is exactly where my vitriol is coming from. Most people Jeff's age work full time and have a spouse and kids to look after. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON that Jeff could not have been working during the day and minding grandma's house in the evenings and on weekends. It seems like perfectly fair compensation for the free use of her living space.

And if she is in a state where she actually ought to be in assisted living or have some sort of aide come to help her, then it's even more despicable that Mama and Papa are still contributing to Jeff's expenses and debts for sake of an empty apartment and premium cable and new furniture and so on when that money could be used to get grandma the help she needs.

I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that you really don't understand my family.  Which is fine.  I don't need to go into depth about the finer intricacies of my family.  I will say this, though, Grandma is not anywhere near assisted living level, yet.  She still functions very well on her own.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies