PPP: Palin leads GOP primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:36:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Palin leads GOP primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Palin leads GOP primary  (Read 7325 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 30, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »

If Palin is only leading by two now, her chances of being the nominee are very low.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »

If Palin is only leading by two now, her chances of being the nominee are very low.

Disagree.  This all comes down to Iowa and South Carolina.  She is the big favorite to win Iowa, especially if Huckabee doesn't run.  After skipping New Hampshire, she'll go down to South Carolina where the evangelical conservative base and Nikki Haley will vote for her.  If she wins those two states, it's over.  The fact Palin is viewed so highly even after quitting two years into her governorship shows how strong she is.

Romney was a huge favorite going into Iowa. Things change.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »

There will be plenty of Santorum left over once jmfcst is done with Pence and Thune.

i believe Santorum is intellectually dishonest and a troll.  I would never vote for him, regardless of his positions.

Uh huh. Here's the real reason: Santorum is a Roman Catholic and we know how well those types play with you, jm.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:31:12 AM »

There will be plenty of Santorum left over once jmfcst is done with Pence and Thune.

i believe Santorum is intellectually dishonest and a troll.  I would never vote for him, regardless of his positions.

Uh huh. Here's the real reason: Santorum is a Roman Catholic and we know how well those types play with you, jm.

I like to pick on Phil about Rick Santorum because we mess around, but I will tell you...if Obama gets elected...2010 and 2012 could be a 1994-like year for Republicans. Keep in mind if you were a local town baitshop owner in 1994 who wasn't a Republican, you lost...it was that insane.

Someone like Rick Santorum would rally Republicans and Church-going voters like crazy...and if Obama is unpopular (as I anticipate the 44th President to be) then Santorum would have a real shot.

I would never vote for Rick Santorum

Uh, why?

Oh, wait. He's a Roman Catholic.

you wish, it would allow your anti-Catholic conspiracy theory to thrive.

your man is a hack, that is why I would never vote for him.  See this...

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/santorum-wmd/

and this...

http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dzbtm_DSufug

The Pope would be running the White House, right jm?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »

You might as well just post that directly into the strawman thread Phil.

Remember that jmf supported Catholic Christine O'Donnell.

Santorum is just a bit more vocal about his religion, wouldn't you say?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »

You might as well just post that directly into the strawman thread Phil.

Remember that jmf supported Catholic Christine O'Donnell.

Santorum is just a bit more vocal about his religion, wouldn't you say?

No, O'Donnell was even more vocal and a certified witch to boot.

And the latter contradicts the former.  Wink

you two have a history of using your sectarian membership to accuse anyone who disagrees with you, just like Jesse Jackson uses the race card to excuse anyone who disagrees with him as racist.

No, I'm pretty sure I've used intolerance of Roman Catholicism only against you (and maybe Einzige and BRTD who are admitted haters of my religion) and for good reason.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Probably hoping because he was only a convert (thanks to Santorum, by the way. I'm sure if you knew that, you'd change your tune).

Not sure how he's a hack considering he has stood up to the Bush Administration and the party several times.

So what would be the first possible problem of a Santorum Presidency in your eyes, jm: mandatory participation in the sacrament of Reconciliation or establishing Latin as the official language?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »

Riddle me this…Since I’ve explicitly stated I have a problem voting for Romney due to him being a Mormon, what would be my motive for denying I have a problem with Santorum being Catholic?

Unfortunately, it's socially acceptable to bash Mormons so you can get away with that. You have to appear mainstream on one thing so you act like you tolerate Roman Catholics.

And that makes him a hack?

You don't let your kids watch The Simpsons and you want to laugh at how someone dresses their kids? Really?

jmfcst 1:6-7 And thou casts the stone at thy brother, calling him argumentative. Kettle, ye name is black.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »

'Kettle, ye name is black' makes no sense; 'ye' meant 'you'. Think it would be 'kettle, thy name is black', or maybe 'kettle, thine name is black'. Unless you're from the Forest of Dean, in which case it would be 'kettle, thou bist black'.

Smiley

I knew I would mess it up somehow.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies