Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:37:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get  (Read 4740 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »

Most Democrats seem to be under the thinking that the current demographics changes are going to last forever. That America is going to get less and less white forever, and that ethnic minorities are always going to vote Democratic. These are two very dangerous lines of thinking to get caught in, and are currently being used by the Democratic leadership as the basis for their strategies.

Whoa.  Take a Xanax cowboy.  Winning the White House for two more cycles is all we need to clean up the mess that is the supreme court and the federal benches.  Who in their right mind hopes to hold the White House for 100 years?

I mean 50 years from now gay rights is not going to be a campaign issue.  If intermarrying continues African Americans as we currently know them won't even exist at some point in the future.  Hispanics are already a diverse ethnic and racial block.  After a couple of generations of assimilation and intermarrying I can see tons of white Hispanics not really even identifying as "Hispanic".

In the late 1970s Jimmy Carter was the choice for evangelical Christians.  For crying out loud Michele Bachmann and her husband worked on his campaign.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Rick Perry endorsed Al Gore.

Trying to do politics today based on what is going to be going on 20 years from now is ridiculous.  Depending on what type of mess is left after two years of Clinton's I shudder to think what the next Democratic candidate is going to have to do to win the White House.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies