Who is opebo? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is opebo? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is opebo?  (Read 5726 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 28, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

I wasn't here for jmf, but I was for some of his socks, and they were a hoot.

With opebo they just got tired of him. Sex, prostitution, something he allegedly posted on another forum was a big one as I recall, and they even took to uprooting comments from a number of years ago. They just got tired of him, so find a reason - or a bunch of minor reasons that will add up - and he's gone. You could say it was ideology, but to me it was about personality.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

I wasn't here for jmf, but I was for some of his socks, and they were a hoot.

With opebo they just got tired of him. Sex, prostitution, something he allegedly posted on another forum was a big one as I recall, and they even took to uprooting comments from a number of years ago. They just got tired of him, so find a reason - or a bunch of minor reasons that will add up - and he's gone. You could say it was ideology, but to me it was about personality.

Personality?  Ideology?  What's the difference? 

"My personality enjoys getting a thorough rub by young girls, and I don't mind admitting I'd old enough that I have to pay for it." 

"My ideology is that it is perfectly acceptable, commendable even, if I get a thorough rubbing from young girls, because doing such things is healthy and natural."

It's all in the spin, really.  One man's personality is another man's ideology.

Anyway, the general consensus about the "other board" bothers me a bit. 

Yeah, I agree - it's equally petty if you're inclined to look at it that way, and I am. I mean we're pretty lax here. We allow attack threads, troll threads, a guy to post details about his laziness and horrible eating habits for everyone's amusement as well as mine I admit, and so on - none of which bother me, mind you. In fact, I find it all entertaining. It's kind of a break to post here. So it seemed funny to me when they zeroed in on this guy who looks like he was around since the early days, and now all of a sudden we have to rid ourselves of him. Didn't sit well with me. "So get what you can get on him, boys, he's atta here." That's how it struck me.

(yours is okay, by the way.  "Medieval dude with a mullet" is sort of weird, but I'm guessing that it isn't the weirdest thing about you.)

Ha, maybe not. My weirdness is pretty benign, though (like coaching the TV during a football game).
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:06:39 PM »

I remember outrage with him (Gully), but I figured he was just being an a-hole. That, though, assuming it is true, is not only underhanded and miserable, but something that really should have been punished.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies