Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:14:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup poll: Record percentage support SSM  (Read 3814 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: May 21, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »

Just wait until SSM can be performed and recognized in all 50 states after June (I fully expect the Supreme Court to settle the issue). The graph of SSM support is going to look like an expedited version of interracial marriage. Conservatives will grumble about it for a time, probably gives LGBT relatives a hard time for a while, and the issue will just slowly go away.

But the G.G. will not let it go away. They want it in our faces 24/7 non stop. If I were told I'd never have to hear about this again, I'd be satisfied.

The Court rules next month. Why would the SSM advocates shut up before the ruling? After it passes, there'll be a few weeks of celebration here (you might want to take the month of June off Atlas) and then gays will just get married and everyone else will stop talking about it.

Since California began issuing SSM licenses, I don't see how anyone's lives have changed one bit here. All the news being reported on the issue is coming from out of state, when other states' bans are overturned, or references to the SCOTUS case.

I only see same-sex couples often because I frequent county recorder offices for my job. A normal citizen has to go that out of their way to find them (unless you live in West Hollywood or something). I just don't understand how this is so apocalyptic or worth burning this many brain cells over.

And the notion that heterosexual marriages are celebrated less, or in a lower profile way than same-sex marriages is absolutely absurd.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:38 PM »

Just wait until SSM can be performed and recognized in all 50 states after June (I fully expect the Supreme Court to settle the issue). The graph of SSM support is going to look like an expedited version of interracial marriage. Conservatives will grumble about it for a time, probably gives LGBT relatives a hard time for a while, and the issue will just slowly go away.

But the G.G. will not let it go away. They want it in our faces 24/7 non stop. If I were told I'd never have to hear about this again, I'd be satisfied.

The Court rules next month. Why would the SSM advocates shut up before the ruling? After it passes, there'll be a few weeks of celebration here (you might want to take the month of June off Atlas) and then gays will just get married and everyone else will stop talking about it.

Since California began issuing SSM licenses, I don't see how anyone's lives have changed one bit here. All the news being reported on the issue is coming from out of state, when other states' bans are overturned, or references to the SCOTUS case.

I only see same-sex couples often because I frequent county recorder offices for my job. A normal citizen has to go that out of their way to find them (unless you live in West Hollywood or something). I just don't understand how this is so apocalyptic or worth burning this many brain cells over.

And the notion that heterosexual marriages are celebrated less, or in a lower profile way than same-sex marriages is absolutely absurd.

The thing is, the way it should be is you should not be made aware of complete stranger's sex lives. Why is there such a tremendous desire for people to flaunt it? When our votes were thrown out by the judicial tyrant who should have recused himself from the case, we didn't scream in the streets like the Prop 8 folks did the day after election day 2008. We stated our objection and that was it.  Now that SSM was imposed on California, why the need for endless flaunting/pride? I don't see the purpose other than to taunt.

I'm not big on pride parades, but I'd assume getting drunk with friends in public is a major motivation to constantly have them. And might also explain why they are so obviously happening when they are in town.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good, you do that. because the more you do, the more momentum we get for RFRA laws.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies