Harry v. Keystone Phil (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:27:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Harry v. Keystone Phil (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
Harry

Phil

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Harry v. Keystone Phil  (Read 5966 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 18, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »

I would attempt the George HW Bush strategy (hide behind the flag).

I'm sorry, Harry, but if a Democrat is resorting to this strategy, it's over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »

Harry/Harry

Populism, patriotism, and the negation of race issue win some McCain states, but Phil pulls of CO and IN.  Interior South is much closer than Obama/McCain. but Phil narrowly pulls off a few states.

Harry wins MS and WV? Oh, my. Hilariously wrong.

Goodness...both are in serious need of a Colorado Cocktail or anything to assist in the unclenching of their ass-cheeks.

Mature  Roll Eyes

Oh, and blatant trolling.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »

Well Phil...I've always suspected your fortune came from your diamond mine down there.

Ohhhh snap.

Fortune? You must be confusing me with the victim of Spoiled Kid Syndrome (Fezzy). 

Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:49 AM »

Fezzy, this green avatar feels funny. I just thought you should know.

Nice try.

Harry/Harry

Populism, patriotism, and the negation of race issue win some McCain states, but Phil pulls of CO and IN.  Interior South is much closer than Obama/McCain. but Phil narrowly pulls off a few states.

Harry wins MS and WV? Oh, my. Hilariously wrong

If either party nominates a Mississippian for president, he will win Mississippi.  We're just that kind of state. 

Uh huh and you would know this because MS has consistently gone with the favorite son candidate over the ages, right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:37 AM »

Plus, if I'm running for president, I must be a sitting, successful senator or governor, so that should lock up the state for me.

Yeah, lock it up. Sure.

So did President Gore have his Presidential museum in Memphis or Nashville?

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:35:27 AM »

Plus, if I'm running for president, I must be a sitting, successful senator or governor, so that should lock up the state for me.

Yeah, lock it up. Sure.

Like I just said,

Brilliant analysis here. Really.

"MS would do X because I say so without any proof. Your proof against it isn't correct because we aren't like Y."

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »

Yeah, lock it up. Sure.

Like I just said,
Brilliant analysis here. Really.

"MS would do X because I say so without any proof. Your proof against it isn't correct because we aren't like Y."
Are you seriously saying that the fact that Al Gore made no attempt to win Tennessee and lost it is proof that I would lose Mississippi?

...or I'm saying that home state "advantage" doesn't guarantee you the state.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And you have nothing to prove that. I can say, "Pennsylvania would send me to the White House to rid us of the stench of James Buchanan" and that doesn't suddenly make it true.

Like I said, unclench.  Geez, it's like they think they're actually running for President here.

Fezzy, just ignore it if you have a problem. The only tight ass around here constantly complaining about the same thing is...uh...you.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »

Yep, I should start worrying about my blood pressure.  I'm getting a little out of hand with how excited over this stuff I get.  I can't fall asleep at night when I think of the arguments over who would win Mississippi in a hypothetical Presidential matchup between two 20-somethings.  Too much!

Yeah because we all know I can't sleep at night over this.  Roll Eyes

Fezzy, dude, you have a problem with me. Frankly, I don't care all that much. It just gets annoying how you go on and on about two people needed to lighten up yet you keep coming back her to complain when none of this has to do with you. "Not everything is about you, Fezzy!"

And please forgive me for not taking personality advice from the one person here that calls Rin chan a bitch and suggests that she's some witch in real life. Now I don't like bringing stuff like this up because I don't know Rin chan in real life and, for all I know, you might have a legitimate gripe with her. That being said, if you want to dissect my personality off of the little that you know, I'll give you a dose of your own medicine and I'm willing to bet I have a better case about you (considering Rin chan has a history of being super nice to, well, everyone both her and privately).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 01:14:26 PM »

Anyhow, I think I may have underestimated the impact of the QN4KP in this hypothetical.  I normally would count on getting over 99% of the QN's to vote for me, but if they break for Phil, I may be in trouble...

Bingo  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »

Yep, I should start worrying about my blood pressure.  I'm getting a little out of hand with how excited over this stuff I get.  I can't fall asleep at night when I think of the arguments over who would win Mississippi in a hypothetical Presidential matchup between two 20-somethings.  Too much!
I mean, there are a lot of threads like this one...it's kinda the point of this subforum.  But if you don't care, no one is forcing you to look at this thread.

Oh, I didn't realize...

None of them are serious, these threads mean nothing, they're just for fun.

...and some of us aren't taking it seriously, understand that they mean something and are just having fun discussing the race. Just because we disagree with each other doesn't mean we're flipping out and throwing our computer monitors across the room, Fezzy. I promise you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »

I mean, there are a lot of threads like this one...it's kinda the point of this subforum.  But if you don't care, no one is forcing you to look at this thread.

Oh, I didn't realize...

None of them are serious, these threads mean nothing, they're just for fun.

...and some of us aren't taking it seriously, understand that they mean something and are just having fun discussing the race. Just because we disagree with each other doesn't mean we're flipping out and throwing our computer monitors across the room, Fezzy. I promise you.

This is only Phil's 3rd monitor of the day. Promise.

2nd
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »

Neither candidate wins his home state. To suggest otherwise is inane.

It's not inane to suggest that I'd win PA. It's more willing to vote for a Republican for President than MS would be to vote for a Dem.

This map cannot be serious. NJ, dude? Really?  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »

The best is when I go on a family trip or something with a group and I have to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Phil from Philadelphia." Everyone finds it amusing. I can't stand saying it because I always get some smart remark from someone or there's laughter.

I also like how my name ("Philip") means "Lover of horses" or something like that in Greek and my last name means "in love" in Italian...and I'm from the "City of brotherly love."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 08:56:16 PM »

Geesh, Phil, Harry and Fezzy really need to get laid. Wink

Speaking of which, I've heard that Mrs. States has been awfully bored lately...

Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

Phil, though both have sadly become jokes of their former selves.

Oh, thanks.

Please point out just one way that I've changed instead of just jumping on the "Bash Phil Bandwagon."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »

Oh, thanks.

Please point out just one way that I've changed instead of just jumping on the "Bash Phil Bandwagon."

I'm not bashing you. You're just not the same guy that you were even last year.

On the plus side you've only changed somewhat, Harry's went off the deep end. Tongue

I don't know what has changed about me (especially here and most especially over just the last year) but, hey, whatever.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 04:46:38 PM »

Unlike my esteemed opponent, at least I can acknowledge this obviously true fact.

And even if I have become a "joke," I'm still "esteemed." Good deal.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies