Opinion of people who live in exurbs and claim where they live is "rural" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:58:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of people who live in exurbs and claim where they live is "rural" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of people who live in exurbs and claim where they live is "rural"
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Worst people ever

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of people who live in exurbs and claim where they live is "rural"  (Read 988 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
« edited: November 24, 2013, 09:19:56 PM by memphis »

It's an aspirational thing for people who mentally conflate cities and ghettos. A lot of people don't seem to know that the real rural areas are usually (though not always) depressed armpits as well. At least in my part of the world, builders and realtors market the hell out of new subdivisions as "Country Living!" And with the way things are built today, it's less about suburban v rural than proximity to an interstate on/off ramp. Areas that are far away from anything but the off ramp always get built up first with these silly properties. And then we have to build more interstates with more exits to accomidate these people. The I-40 corridor in eastern Shelby County is such a senseless disaster. Everything about it is so outlandishly wasteful.  And FWIW, calling anything outside of downtown in Memphis "urban" (outside of the black people connotation) is just as equally absurd.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:13:57 AM »

I would need a regional example to understand this poll.
Something like this:
http://m.realtor.com/#details?listing_id=568562975
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies