Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:00:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 163795 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.  That number seems awfully high, does that sound right to anyone else or is it high?

At around your weight, you burn like 100 calories an hour just breathing and normal body functions so no.  So lets not take this any sort of workout, you are burning a few hundred calories more than sitting on your couch.  That would be erased by a handful of potato chips.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.  That number seems awfully high, does that sound right to anyone else or is it high?

At around your weight, you burn like 100 calories an hour just breathing and normal body functions so no.  So lets not take this any sort of workout, you are burning a few hundred calories more than sitting on your couch.  That would be erased by a handful of potato chips.

If I burned that much while doing normal body functions, I'd be quite a bit lower than what I am now.  I don't really buy that.  Standing does burn calories.  I don't think it will be north of 800 calories, but even 400-500 calories burned is a significant amount compared to what I'm used to and will help as long as I don't go by Braum's or McDonald's on the way home.

...No, you are fat because you eat way too much.  Your Basal metabolic rate is probably 2400-2500 divide that by the hours in a day and do the math. It takes a lot of energy to pump blood throughout your large frame, and break down all those fats in Braum's triple cheeseburger.  Everything burns calories... including breathing, standing or running a marathon.  It is all a matter of degrees. You eat more than you burn and you'll get heavier in long run.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »

Bushie will burn like 30 calories more an hour with his new standing routine vs sleeping. Congrats youve earned a couple of slices of cold cuts off the slicer.  Stop being a thick troll.

Really hardcore routine though.  You are aspiring to something a toddler can do.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:18:37 AM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 06:27:00 AM by patrick1 »

Bushie will burn like 30 calories more an hour with his new standing routine vs sleeping. Congrats youve earned a couple of slices of cold cuts off the slicer.  Stop being a thick troll.

Really hardcore routine though.  You are aspiring to something a toddler can do.

I'll burn substantially more than that.  That 800 calories may not be too far off base.

.... Let's do some math.
110x5.5=605 calories Your eating cheetos baseline.
140x5.5=770 calories. Congrats, youve stood up. You are now an Adonis.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »

Bushie is a thief.  Continually wasting people's time and money.  He tries to put on some old fashioned bull$hit act, but people back then, in popular imagination at least, had integrity.  The ideal was to do as you say and say as you do.  You cost this company money and provided no value. You stole your paycheck, congrats. At least bilk, something like an insurance company for paid training next time.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »

A Good Friday to you big guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies