Texas: Gay marriage ban crossed political lines, analysts say (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas: Gay marriage ban crossed political lines, analysts say (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas: Gay marriage ban crossed political lines, analysts say  (Read 1153 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 11, 2005, 02:26:55 PM »

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  Some of the biggest Bible thumpers I know are black.  Some of the most homophobic men I know are also black.  This comes as no surprise.  I'm also going to add that I once had a discussion with such a Bible thumping African American co-worker and I said I favored gay marriage.  He said "Boy you whacked.  It's a dude sticking it up another dude's ass.  DATS SICK!!."  I bit my tongue, but it was awful ironic how this same guy wants full scale Affirmative Action and actually thought the government blew up the levees in New Orleans to flood out the black areas down there.  Tolerance goes as far as you benefit from it I guess.  I was simply calling for equality and this guy wants outright preference.

Rejection of gay marriage is NOT a "phobia", nor is the rejection of theft, lying, adultery, fornication, witchcraft, hatred, murder, incest,...etc, etc, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies