Trevor Noah calls out the DNC Chair for "c**kblocking" Bernie Sanders. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:27:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trevor Noah calls out the DNC Chair for "c**kblocking" Bernie Sanders. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trevor Noah calls out the DNC Chair for "c**kblocking" Bernie Sanders.  (Read 866 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: April 05, 2016, 06:21:54 AM »

Hilarity ensues and she responds with more spin than a top:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/05/daily-show-s-trevor-noah-accuses-dnc-s-debbie-wasserman-schultz-of-cockblocking-bernie-sanders.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 06:44:46 AM »

Honestly, I don't get the criticism of superdelegates.  While I agree that most of the delegates should be chosen through the primary and caucus process, I don't think that it's unfair to let elected officials who are party leaders have a say as well.  (And their votes should be equal to a pledged delegate, not greater).  Plus, superdelegates can change their vote before the convention, and have in the past, especially when it became clear who the presumptive nominee would be.

It's similar to the argument against the Electoral College, but this is in the party so it's not like a general election.   I think they don't want a repeat of 1968 in the Democrat side, or what might happen this year at the RNC.  But, superdelegates switched from Hillary in 2008, they could again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies