Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:39:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2016  (Read 19732 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

« on: July 07, 2016, 10:48:02 AM »

So it's sh-t v sh-te
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 02:23:02 PM »

Leadsome is Redwood in a dress.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »

Theresa May speech this morning was remarkably very much similar to Ed Miliband's speech, her speech is a return to pre-thatcher tory party, reminds me so much of Ted Heath, "More concentrated on government rather than market.

Theresa May: A Better Britain
Ted Heath: A better Tomorrow

Ted heath was the last decent tory prime minister and leader.

I have to say her speech got me blushing but got me worried at the same time, it's a direct target to voters the tories lost in 1992 and 1997 to labour they haven't recovered yet.

God don't say that.

Heath was an awful prime minister and took this country into the European federalist's club in the first place remember.

If you look at his less than 4 years as PM almost nothing he did was successful and the poisoning of industrial relations started on his watch.

Yeah, I thought Macmillan was the post-war go-to "I'm Labour but he was a decent PM" Tory PM?

The first rule of Labour tribalism is that you're not allowed to think of any Tory PM as decent Cheesy Tories are the enemy even when the SNP are breathing down your neck and when they've pulled out your still beating heart it's because they have to be Tories deep down, because everything that's not Labour is Tory.

Tories can pick (and 'vote for') favourite Labour PM's but never the other way around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies