Have you always supported/opposed gay marriage or have you changed your mind? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:26:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you always supported/opposed gay marriage or have you changed your mind? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you always supported/opposed gay marriage or have you changed your mind?
I have always supported gay marriage

I support gay marriage, but I used to oppose it

I have always opposed gay marriage

I oppose gay marriage, but I used to support it

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Have you always supported/opposed gay marriage or have you changed your mind?  (Read 2193 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: September 27, 2015, 06:27:23 AM »

I have never been against it per se, but I thought it a bit silly at first, since we already had civil unions with full equality (well, not adoption rights, but that was how I viewed it back then). Didn't really understand the importance of appropriating the term marriage itself and saw it as an unnecessary provocation to cultural conservatives and traditional Christians. I would have supported it in a referendum based on "if its important to the gay community let them have it", but still considered the whole thing an unnecessary distraction from far more important equality issues for years. Was - and still is - against forcing the church to accept it by law, but that has more to do with a general opposition to the whole established church thing (which I think drags the church down and force it to spend its resources on the wrong things).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies