Official, Certified Turnout Results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:51:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Official, Certified Turnout Results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official, Certified Turnout Results  (Read 341 times)
hass1995
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2016, 12:38:24 AM »

Hi I'm a British student studying the 2016 Presidential election and it is absolutely imperative to me that I find official certified statistics for the national turnout for this election. Does anyone have any idea when these figures will be released and where? I've been refreshing the CNN website for 3 weeks lol.
I know that estimates are widely available (electproject.org is very useful) but I need the official certified results.
Will I have to wait for the recounts to finish to get these statistics? I'm assuming I'll probably be waiting until December 13th.

Thanks guys.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:42:13 AM »

The US does not have a national federal election commission (well, it does: the FEC, but this is not an election commission in the European sense which publishes results, but more a money reporting organisation).

So, you need to check each Secretary of State page for each of the 50 states + DC to find official certified results instead.

Or you can go here to find the official certificates of ascertainment by state:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=253886.0
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 02:35:31 AM »

The US does not have a national federal election commission (well, it does: the FEC, but this is not an election commission in the European sense which publishes results, but more a money reporting organisation).

So, you need to check each Secretary of State page for each of the 50 states + DC to find official certified results instead.

Or you can go here to find the official certificates of ascertainment by state:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=253886.0
The FEC does publish results, but it will be in 2017. They use it in part for matching funds.

Congress also reports the results.

If particularly interested in turnout, this is even messier since registration rolls are not accurate, and some states permit election day registration. They might include those voters in a registration count, but might not exclude them from a previous location.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies