DemPGH for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:44:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DemPGH for President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DemPGH for President  (Read 370 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »

In the wake of the elections that are happening in the next few weeks, I'd like to put out my two cents on the presidential race. Of course it is DemPGH, the Governor of the Pacific region who gets my endorsement, but it's why I endorsed him that I want to talk to you about.

DemPGH has been a fantastic Governor, under his time as Governor, the Pacific has never been more active, we've got great Councils and great leadership. From a region of decay to a region bolstering with activity, it's been great for the economy of the Pacific. The unemployment rate has dropped from a high of 20% and now it's in the low to mid teens, and that's just in a few months. In the land that was once here, before the great beheading, it took years for the unemployment rate to go down a few percent, under DemPGH, it's gone down 5% in a matter of months. Does that not show great success on his part?

His running mate, Windjammer, the Governor of the Midwest region, has come under fire recently. Although completely disregarding his and the althing's progress in recent months, Governor Riley Keaton has been attacking them for the recent supreme court case over hate crime legislation, obviously the bill went too far and was too vague, but damn it you know this guy cared about LGBT people, and that's now a bad thing?

Riley Keaton has been saying these things to disguise the faults of him and the ticket he endorsed. Under Riley, the Mideast has been under intense inactivity. The same can be said about SirNick and Dallasfan, whose region was once filled with activity, but now it's a region filled with 40 people who only come to vote.

In this country, where inactivity has plagued, it won't be of any help for a ticket to come that won't help bring up discussion. DemPGH and Windjammer have been great to their regions and this country really needs some activity and new ideas.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2014, 10:57:05 AM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is basically a lie. The Northeast situation improved dramatically under both of their tenures.

I know spreading falsehoods is cool and in style, but come on.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »

This is basically a lie. The Northeast situation improved dramatically under both of their tenures.

Yeah, I find this campaign entirely amusing, minus this.  However, considering neither Flo nor a Person have been around long enough to understand how far the Northeast has come, I forgive their ignorance.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »

What is this?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »

I support DemPGH, but I'll not have the Northeast sullied, it's unjust!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »

We used to have a seven-person Assembly. And now Talleyrand is considering cutting it to three. I think Flo's right, guys.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »

We used to have a seven-person Assembly. And now Talleyrand is considering cutting it to three. I think Flo's right, guys.

That's looking extremely long term and an inaccurate depiction. Was the seven-person assembly even that active? from what I saw in the history, they had to go through so many write-ins to even fill seats. And when Sirnick got into office, things were much worse in the Northeast than they were today. To look at it in such a long term context is framing the conversation to favor your agenda, and it's completely inaccurate.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:35 PM »

I was a member of the first assembly. Yes, it was active because it was new and we had a lot that we wanted to do.

Once the spurts go though, I've been in different assemblies and this one has been fairly quiet, but the previous one I was in was active when SirNick was Governor. It ebbs and flows. It always has. In order to combat the ebb and flow, I think each region needs a dedicated news outlet, which is why I've got a bill debating on the floor to create one.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »

We used to have a fluctuating Assembly, and that was just a mess.  Cutting the Assembly to three has been a proposal for a long time.  In fact, IIRC, homely pushed the hardest for the proposal during our last constitutional convention in the region.  The point is to make Assembly elections more competetive, and not indicative of the changing states of activity that take place everywhere in the game at different points in time.  You can see activity go up and down throughout different periods here, for example, the current inactivity of a large portion of the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies