Have you ever visited a facility for mentally challenged people ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:48:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever visited a facility for mentally challenged people ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever visited a facility for mentally challenged people ?  (Read 2812 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: June 26, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »

I volunteered to work with high functioning people who were having difficulties for several years during the summers at the end of high school and beginning of college.  I've also visited a friend way back who temporarily checked himself into a psychiatric unit in the hospital and got to know some of the other people there during my visits.  Some were more difficult to deal with than others during the volunteer work, and seeing some people struggling in the hospital unit was difficult.  But these experiences were valuable for me, and some of the people were wonderfully kind and even fun to be around.  Lots of funny senses of humor.  And it also helped me gain a lot of perspective.  I have a relatively minor visual disability, but I've never felt badly about it per se, because, compared to what so many other people are struggling with, I've got lots of blessings to count, and none to take for granted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies