FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:08:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86139 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »

It seems to me that Comey, per his usual operating procedures, worded the letter in as vague a way as possible to cause as much chaos and damage to Hillary Clinton as he could in what is ultimately a nothingburger.

If what Pete Williams is reporting is right, this is nothing being played out to be huge. Really disappointing.
Lol, do you really thinks, that FBI Director would bring it up, if it wasn't at least a bit serious?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

If Comey thinks he has something damning, he probably will disclose it before 11/8. Imagine if he held it for later and HRC won.

His approach in July seems to have been “I’ll tell the voters what we have and let them decide.” Same now, probably.
https://twitter.com/allahpundit?lang=en

i will go with allahpundit
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »

If anything, when this blows over as political malpractice by the FBI, this will motivate people to vote even more.

That won't happen before Nov. 8 though.

It will.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2016, 01:30:28 PM »

From Mark Murray

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

Its funny, this was a scandal for all of an hour. Comey just ruined his credibility though.

If the story turns to what Pete Williams has reported than I agree, if not this will have an impact. Good news is this is looking less like a campaign killer.
BundouYMB

« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

Even if this WAS something what makes people think it would matter? The second the average Joe hears CLINTON EMAILS!!1! their eyes roll back in their head and they start nodding off. I mean, emails, seriously? This is the least sexy scandal in the world. No one cares.

Catch Clinton in bed with an underage lesbian hooker? Then I'll be worried. That's the kind of thing that moves papers. In no universe do normal people actually care about this email nonsense.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2016, 01:31:40 PM »

this is an useless formality.....

my god, i have found out i am big crybaby.
psychprofessor

« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2016, 01:32:28 PM »

Sam Stein Verified account
‏@samsteinhp

Pete Williams has sources saying not about Clinton world w/holding emails. Not about Podesta emails. Not emails from Clinton.
Hydera

« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »

Even if this WAS something what makes people think it would matter? The second the average Joe hears CLINTON EMAILS!!1! their eyes roll back in their head and they start nodding off. I mean, emails, seriously? This is the least sexy scandal in the world. No one cares.

Catch Clinton in bed with an underage lesbian hooker? Then I'll be worried. That's the kind of thing that moves papers. In no universe do normal people actually care about this email nonsense.

Or those average joe who dont continue watching to figure out this was nothing and already baked it in his head now that he's voting for trump.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »

The timing is suspicious, Trump wants the election cancelled and then fellow GOP-er Comey pulls this--I think there was some bribery or string-pulling involved. Either way the damage will start showing in the next polls, they'll probably flip to Trump +4 before this is over.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »

Fusionmunster

« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »

The FBI found another device, as such they were legally required to tell Congress. Thats what ive gotten out of this.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2016, 01:33:32 PM »

From Mark Murray

Thorough? He was vague as sh**t.
Reginald
« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »

Haha, I guess the GOP really is in danger of losing Congress.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »

Comey testified EVERYTHING was reviewed. Since there MAY be something unreviewed, for his testimony to be true (aka not perjury) he has to inform Congress.

Chaffetz is a little turf for leaking this though
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »

Putin praises Trump. The next day FBI reopens the email investigation. Strange coincidence!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:33 PM »

So the chair of the oversight committee lied to the American people when he said that the investigation was reopened? Time for an investigation of the investigators imo.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2016, 01:36:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/jamesoliphant/status/792071649403215873?lang=de
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 01:40:20 PM by Alcon »

1. I don't think the substance of the investigation matters all that much, so much as that this is going to be a terrible news cycle for Clinton.  The question is how long that terrible news cycle can last, or whether it will die out for lack of oxygen.  Voters often vote based on how they feel, not based on the particulars of what's happening -- especially when it comes to evaluating something vague like "honesty."

2. Unless there's something particular and Clinton-related that comes out of this, I think this will be a knock, but probably nothing near a silver bullet.  (Although Trump has been unusually disciplined lately, so maybe this will be the last major news story of the election, which would be pretty rough for Clinton.)

3. I think a lot of people in this thread are being a little ridiculous about the extent we should expect James Comey to gear his communications entirely based on what impacts they would have on the election.  This is a clarifying status update, which is totally appropriate considering his role.  Let's not be Trump-y about this.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »

And there is the problem - "soon" would usually be no less than a week or two, and election day is in <2 weeks. There is no time to recover unless some new bombshell about Trump drops and takes the media attention away from this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »

By the time everyone gets off work the story will be different. Will be some damage but the reality will change by that time to what is actually going on.

Then, come Monday/Tuesday I bet Clinton has something set to drop which will finish off the filth.
Hydera

« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »

Comey testified EVERYTHING was reviewed. Since there MAY be something unreviewed, for his testimony to be true (aka not perjury) he has to inform Congress.

Chaffetz is a little turf for leaking this though

Something to take the heat off on his non-endorsement endorsement of trump.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:19 PM »

1. I don't think the substance of the investigation matters all that much, so much as that this is going to be a terrible news cycle for Clinton.  The question is how long that terrible news cycle can last, or whether it will die out for lack of oxygen.  Voters often vote based on how they feel, not based on the particulars of what's happening -- especially when it comes to evaluating something vague like "honesty."

2. Unless there's something particular and Clinton-related that comes out of this, I think this will be a knock, but probably nothing near a silver bullet.

3. I think a lot of people in this thread are being a little ridiculous about the extent we should expect James Comey to gear his communications entirely based on what impacts they would have on the election.  This is a clarifying status update, which is totally appropriate considering his role.  Let's not be Trump-y about this.
regarding number 3.. well he f**king should.  People are so on edge right now that it's a stupid, tin-eared, blind, dumb thing like this that could trigger violence.

You remaining calm is not a reflection of what is going on in this country.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »

Voters often vote based on how they feel, not based on the particulars of what's happening -- especially when it comes to evaluating something vague like "honesty."
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2016, 01:39:44 PM »

CNN still running with the "FBI reopening" line. But hey media's rigged for Clinton amirite?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies