LIGHTNING ROUND (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:13:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  LIGHTNING ROUND (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LIGHTNING ROUND  (Read 6649 times)
struct310
Rookie

« on: May 31, 2004, 03:31:34 AM »

Where I stand on:
Abortion=murder
Gay Marriage=ok, stop the parades if its given tho
Guns=yes please
Taxes=eradication is the word most appropriate
The World=I like Japan and the UK
Iraq=bad strategic decision, but noble war
John Kerry=a flip-flopper
GW=good guy
Health Care=rebellion if ever socialized medicine in US
Social Security=privatize
Affirmative Action=mend it, dont end it
Immigration=more Mexicans
Environment=compromise bt business and enviros

struct310
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 09:38:58 PM »

I wonder if the republicans on the board are in my generation, the younger one I mean because theres a lot supporting at least civil unions for gays, and some are even, pro-choice.
struct310
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 04:34:33 AM »

young people in general are much more supportive of equal rights for gay people than older folks.
Our culture (i was born in '83) is just totally different than the one you older folks grew up in.
I'm glad the times have changed.  One big reason I think conservatives want to bring up the gay issue now (re: constitutional ban on gay marriage) is because they know that the support for it will be dying off pretty rapidly here.

That is true.  I'm much more socially liberal than my parents especially my father though in some ways my mother actually beats me.  Once you have a family, it all changes I'm sure.

Me 84, so yep were alike somewhat, i wouldnt necessarily say im more socially liberal, i dont ever want to be termed that, nor social conservative, ughh.  My gay english teacher at ASU wondered how is it that I support gay marriage and not abortion and all these other liberal things. Its more of a since im thinking christian thing(not to say i dont respect an anti'my view view).  You see, some religious leaders(notice how im not saying religious right) in the country like to build themselves up and claim certain activities are sins.  But look at the pastors, they condemn gays, yet the pastors themselves are gluttons.  How hypocritical is that?  Gays go to church and love god, just as much and sometimes more than others.  Will it really bother the people that much if they marry?  Its not very Christian to be so fearful of such a thing, gays arent going to bust down the chapel walls, or gasp, hit on the parson.  And Conservatives didnt bring up the issue, liberals did in San Francisco when they broke the law.  No matter how the issue played out, the county broke the law.  There wouldnt be such fervor without the incident.  I think gays would be more truly accepted with conservatives than with liberals, because liberals only want their vote.        
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies