Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:14:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning?  (Read 9310 times)
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

I can see why a lot of people didn't like him, but he was the first friend I made here and always reached out to me to give me a hand with stuff related and unrelated to this forum. When I was still lurking I noticed the irony embedded in his posts but I'm not sure a lot of people caught on judging their reactions. We still talk on AIM, though, and I'm sure he's going to be back soon.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »

I can see why a lot of people didn't like him, but he was the first friend I made here and always reached out to me to give me a hand with stuff related and unrelated to this forum. When I was still lurking I noticed the irony embedded in his posts but I'm not sure a lot of people caught on judging their reactions. We still talk on AIM, though, and I'm sure he's going to be back soon.

I was friend with him too, until it turned out he was more interested in gaining an ally against Marokai/DWTL/Hashemite/Take your pick. It's in some part sad, because Hamilton could easily make a great poster and buddy, but preffered to be be troll.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:30 PM »

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »

Yeah, the problem is that most people on this forum are kind of stupid. No offense to them intended.

I'm not sure if I agree with that yet (though I am starting to see it more and more) but truthfully, Hamilton's posts were basically parodies of this forum as a whole, which is probably why he got banned. He mocked almost everyone.

Yes, well once you've spent enough time here, you'll see for yourself that the population of Atlas is generally a bit slow on the uptake, not to mention incredibly gullible.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »

Coming from the biggest troll/spammer/flooder/baiter on the board. Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

A "spammer" who actually makes interesting threads and is not like a guy above, who can't prove any point.

Still waiting for Dixiecrat intelectuall explanation, Libertas Roll Eyes
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »

No. I usually don't favor banning. But I'm new here and I'm not aware of Hamilton's record. Sometimes hard decissions are required.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »

No. I usually don't favor banning. But I'm new here and I'm not aware of Hamilton's record. Sometimes hard decissions are required.

His post history remains. You be the judge.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »

Welcome to the forum.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »

Yes and its all his doing that I feel that way. He was a brilliant guy but choose to be an asshole instead of a contributing member.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »

A "spammer" who actually makes interesting threads and is not like a guy above, who can't prove any point.

Thank you Kalwejt.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

Fairly pleased. We started out as friends, but after a while I got tired of his mega drama, I usually wouldn't comment in these kinds of threads, but this changed my mind:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »

Well you do have a fascination with Robert Byrd, other than that......I don't know.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 11:07:49 PM »

Fairly pleased. We started out as friends, but after a while I got tired of his mega drama, I usually wouldn't comment in these kinds of threads, but this changed my mind:

Isn't it nice how he can turn a slight disagreement between friends into wishing eternal damnation on you in such a short period of time?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »

Oh hell yes!

No poster has ever been given as many warnings and second chances as he has. Not only did he completely ignore all and make no attempt whatsoever to improve (not even a fairly half-assed one like Winston Disraeli lately), he actually got worse. Barnes brought up an example. When he started I thought he was kind of a jerk, but no worse than say Phil on a bad day. He then became one of the most vicious trolls, not one who was merely annoying (like ECR) or even amusing (like Straha), just pure negative.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »

No I'm not at all. He wasn't a troll, the moderators just decided they didn't like him. The clique-ish behavior of most of the posters here is pretty ridiculous. Having positions you dislike or choosing to express them in a way that doesn't really violate any concrete rules doesn't mean someone is a troll. Even if he called someone an idiot in the midst of a discussion, that doesn't count as trolling, and calling it a personal attack is a stretch. A lot of what he wrote was satirical or an attempt to stir the pot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately the mods around here are the posters least able to grasp humor that doesn't line up with their point of view. Once they labeled him a troll, every post he made was regarded as trollish. There was no way for him to defend himself without digging a deeper hole with people he was never going to catch a break from.

You're the definition of a troll. You spam, create ridiculous threads, and your early behavior should have gotten you banned within being here a few days.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »

No I'm not at all. He wasn't a troll, the moderators just decided they didn't like him. The clique-ish behavior of most of the posters here is pretty ridiculous. Having positions you dislike or choosing to express them in a way that doesn't really violate any concrete rules doesn't mean someone is a troll. Even if he called someone an idiot in the midst of a discussion, that doesn't count as trolling, and calling it a personal attack is a stretch. A lot of what he wrote was satirical or an attempt to stir the pot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately the mods around here are the posters least able to grasp humor that doesn't line up with their point of view. Once they labeled him a troll, every post he made was regarded as trollish. There was no way for him to defend himself without digging a deeper hole with people he was never going to catch a break from.

You're the definition of a troll. You spam, create ridiculous threads, and your early behavior should have gotten you banned within being here a few days.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  I honestly don't intend that to seem patronizing, but your post and the full story (which most people don't know) really don't have much in common.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »

No, i'm not pleased; I demand a duel.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  I honestly don't intend that to seem patronizing, but your post and the full story (which most people don't know) really don't have much in common.

Given the fact that you have so much knowledge that I don't, how would you expect me to think differently? All I can know is what I've read from his posts. Apparently there was an issue with him abusing the reporting system, and obviously I can't speak to that. What I do know is that often he would post things that were not at all outside the bounds of what is acceptable and people would jump on him immediately. Of course most people wouldn't provide any hard evidence when continuously rambling about his apparently unspeakable and evil behavior. They had a view of him, and they would pick apart any little thing he said in order to make him fit that view.

Given the fact that quite a few other posters also feel that he shouldn't have been banned, the case either isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be, or he did things that only a few people would know about.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »

Well, the mods are already going after Libertas (he's been warned for empty-quoting and making a thread similar to a Rochambeau thread, his was deleted, Rochambeau's wasn't). I think I'm next. This is going way too far.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »

Well, the mods are already going after Libertas (he's been warned for empty-quoting and making a thread similar to a Rochambeau thread, his was deleted, Rochambeau's wasn't). I think I'm next. This is going way too far.
after you it is me. Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »

Yes (normal), but seriously - can we move on?  This whole Hamilton/TrollList/Mods crap is getting annoying.  Just behave and get along with everybody and quit complaining when the rules are enforced.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »

Hear, hear. Cool
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »

Yes (normal), but seriously - can we move on?  This whole Hamilton/TrollList/Mods crap is getting annoying.  Just behave and get along with everybody and quit complaining when the rules are enforced.

Blame the victims?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 01:32:12 AM »

Blame the victims?

Hamilton's a victim?  This is Dave's forum.  Dave can do whatever he wants.  Hamilton chose to go against that.  Dave specifically addressed Hamilton ini public, something I have NEVER seen Dave do before.

And there are quite a few people (I won't mention names, but most everybody knows who they are) who just don't get that, and they're acting incredibly childish, and it is bringing down the entire quality of the forum.

Dave is not going to change his policies.  The mods are not going to change their policies.  This is not a Democracy.  If you disagree, Dave and the mods aren't going to change.  Complaining only makes it worse, and increases the fighting and bickerig and immaturity.  If you (not you, Libertas--a general "you") don't like the way things are being run, then shut up and leave, but whining about it is not going to change anything - it just annoys the good, decent people who actually enjoy this forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies