Burris could win [re-]election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Burris could win [re-]election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burris could win [re-]election  (Read 3131 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 09, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »

I think it's certainly possible that this guy could be nominated in 2010. Just imagine if he's the only major black candidate. It might not even be that difficult. The General will be a totally different story. Yes, it'll be hard for the GOP to take it but if it's Kirk vs. Burris, we'd see a real battle.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »

The assumption the guy will be any more hated than any generic Democrat is rather foolish considering Blago will no longer be in office and a bad memory by then, and he's the only thing holdng any Democrats in the state down.

If this guy acts like as much of a clown as he already does, I'm sure he'll give us plenty of things to use against him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »

The assumption the guy will be any more hated than any generic Democrat is rather foolish considering Blago will no longer be in office and a bad memory by then, and he's the only thing holdng any Democrats in the state down.

If this guy acts like as much of a clown as he already does, I'm sure he'll give us plenty of things to use against him.

...and any potential primary challenger.

but what if he's the only negro!

Bingo

Blacks only make up about a quarter of primary voters. In 2004 Obama won the white vote. Burris has no crossover appeal.

Take a look at how many white candidates there were in that race. That certainly helped Obama.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:33:57 AM »

Blacks only make up about a quarter of primary voters. In 2004 Obama won the white vote. Burris has no crossover appeal.

Take a look at how many white candidates there were in that race. That certainly helped Obama.

He still got over 50%, so that doesn't matter.

In a primary full of less than mediocre white candidates (aside from Hynes).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies