Has the GOP learned the error of its neoconservative ways?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:30:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Has the GOP learned the error of its neoconservative ways?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has the GOP learned the error of its neoconservative ways?  (Read 1112 times)
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:31:50 AM »

Just trying to spark some debate. Smiley
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:41:26 AM »

Nope, it has not. Just look at who its 2012 establishment-anointed front-runners are.
The Age Wave
silent_spade07
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -2.43

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »

Nope, it has not. Just look at who its 2012 establishment-anointed front-runners are.

I don't see any front runners. I see a mess of candidates with no real stand outs.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »

I don't see any front runners. I see a mess of candidates with no real stand outs.
Indeed.

The GOP better forget about all the neocon losers they currently have in the running if they want a chance to make a comeback.
KeeptheChange
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »

Indeed.

The GOP better forget about all the neocon losers they currently have in the running if they want a chance to make a comeback.

At least in terms of spending, I agree.  We need a strong fiscal conservative who will cut taxes, close down most government departments (like education, interior, etc.) and dramatically cut spending...including spending on useless foreign aid and wars.

(I do support Afghanistan, however, as they attacked us.  But this nonsense about Iraq, Yemen and now Haiti is just flushing money down the crapper.)
perdedor

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »

Considering that the GOP's dogma hasn't changed since they lost control of the House and Senate, I would say no.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »

If it changed it wouldn't have the "leadership" it currently has.
rebeltarian
rebel_libertarian

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2010, 01:30:46 PM by rebeltarian »

Judging from the sound of Michael Medved, Hugh Hewitt, Rush, Sean, etc I would have to say 'No'!  According to them, Mike Huckabee is a foreign policy expert, Lindsey Graham is a fiscal conservative and Sarah Palin is the next Reagan.   
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »

Indeed.

At least in terms of spending, I agree.  We need a strong fiscal conservative who will cut taxes, close down most government departments (like education, interior, etc.) and dramatically cut spending...including spending on useless foreign aid and wars.

(I do support Afghanistan, however, as they attacked us.  But this nonsense about Iraq, Yemen and now Haiti is just flushing money down the crapper.)

If you want fiscal conservatives, vote for the Democrats.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »

Indeed.

LOL
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »

Indeed.

LOL
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »

Indeed.

LOL
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:59:54 PM »

No, but some in the party have, just they're not the leaders.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »

Neoconservatism:  large government aimed at conservative ends, specifically relating to race, the economy, education, etc, coupled with an aggressive, hawkish, unilateral foreign policy.

I get so frustrated when I hear the word used as if it doesn't have a serious meaning, or as if the foreign policy aspect is the only important part.  When Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Irving Kristol, et al. founded the term, it was to do with things like Moynihan's controversial race views from the LBJ and Nixon eras, and not just about hawkishness.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:32 AM »

No, but some in the party have, just they're not the leaders.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies