Opinion of George Friedman's 'The Next 100 Years' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:25:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of George Friedman's 'The Next 100 Years' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of George Friedman's 'The Next 100 Years'  (Read 3645 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: June 08, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »

Several people has ridiculed his point about Poland. But I think people don't get how ridiculous it really is, even in the context Friedman sets up. He think Poland will come to dominate thanks to the low birth rate of western Europe.

So here's the fertility rate of Poland: 1.33 child per woman, they're only beaten by 2 EU countries Romania and Lithuania. At the same time Poland are primary an emigration country, with over million Poles having emigrated the last decade.

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »

Several people has ridiculed his point about Poland. But I think people don't get how ridiculous it really is, even in the context Friedman sets up. He think Poland will come to dominate thanks to the low birth rate of western Europe.

So here's the fertility rate of Poland: 1.33 child per woman, they're only beaten by 2 EU countries Romania and Lithuania. At the same time Poland are primary an emigration country, with over million Poles having emigrated the last decade.

So you're saying that I shouldn't invest in Eastern Poland?

Very funny:)

But if you want to hear my real opinion, I think investments in Poland are a good idea, while Poland will not becoming a great power or even a dominating country in EU, Poland are fully on its way to the same standard of life as western Europe, I expect them to overtake Spain and Italy in GDP per capita in the next decade or two.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies