Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:07:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama campaign uses down syndrome woman to attack Romney  (Read 3395 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

Just when you thought the Obama campaign couldn't get any lower.

Shameful, absolutely shameful, exploiting a down syndrome individual in this manner, using her for their own selfish, crass, political purposes.

And Romney insulting a group that includes mostly people like this or in similarly unfortunate situations at his little oligarchs' sabbath last spring wasn't?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2012, 03:51:32 PM by Nathan »

I've never encountered that.  Are you old?  Or perhaps you work in some kind of profession dominated by lunkheads. In academia I can tell you atheism is normal. 

Absolutely, but academia is the exception to the rule. Start talking about atheism with ordinary people outside of a university setting, even in many places in Boston or Los Angeles, and you're not likely to get a great reception.

Absolutely to what?  You're an old, or that you work in some kind of profession dominated by lunkheads?

Anyway I should note that I never talk about it - after all it is a silly topic, and talking about it implies you take seriously the sort of simpleton who would engage in religious belief.

Oh, not to worry, opebo. Even if you did start talking about it, responding implies you take seriously the sort of sneering killjoy who calls people 'simpletons' for 'engaging in religious belief'.

____

What koenkai says about people with somewhat misfortune crypto-eugenicist beliefs often congregating in certain leftist circles in this country is entirely correct, more's the pity, although I note that the one of these types (albeit only regarding a specific mental state, not abnormal mental states in general) currently running for Senate is a Republican.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Give me a break, take back your moron comment.

I beg your pardon? Do you realise how offensive what you just wrote is?

Speaking as someone that actually is disabled, do you realize how offensive it can be to use it politically.

Speaking as someone else who is disabled, what you said was disgusting, so stop trying to change the subject.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »

Exposing a down syndrome woman is despicable and pretty low for the Obama campaign.  When Sarah Palin was against abortion of her daughter Trig, alot of Liberals lambasted her for a choice.  I find that hypocritical and desperate.

Are you f-cking serious? Do you think people with Down's Syndrome don't have opinions and don't want to be heard? You want them in a little bubble so they are 'protected'? She is a woman with opinions and she can voice them in an advert if she wants. It's her choice.

Moron.
They have opinions, but to use them for political gain is disgusting.  I have nothing against against programs that help the disabled or people with down syndrome.  Do you expect them to make rational reasoning or critical thinking when it comes to politics?  No

Give me a break, take back your moron comment.

I beg your pardon? Do you realise how offensive what you just wrote is?

Speaking as someone that actually is disabled, do you realize how offensive it can be to use it politically.

Speaking as someone else who is disabled, what you said was disgusting, so stop trying to change the subject.

Ah, I didn't say it, but I do think that using it, whether a physical or mental disability, is not appropriate in a political discussion.  I would find it offensive using a disability like that.  I would not comment on the woman's mental disability either. 

Oh, I'm sorry! I got confused by the quote nesting and thought that you were 5280 in this context. Sorry for that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies