Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:24:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 173399 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »

Why go out for a hamburger? It's the easiest thing in the world to make at home. Also, while it's nice that you have a job now, at your current wage and debt levels, you still can't afford to eat out ever.

Oh, I know.  I went to the grocery store today and got stuff for lunches and dinners this week so I can eat in all week starting tomorrow.  I'm going back to my parents next weekend, so if we go out to eat, they'll foot the bill.

At this point, aren't they pretty much footing the bill anyway?  There's no way you're even paying half your expenses (and yes, debt reduction is an expense).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »

Why go out for a hamburger? It's the easiest thing in the world to make at home. Also, while it's nice that you have a job now, at your current wage and debt levels, you still can't afford to eat out ever.

Oh, I know.  I went to the grocery store today and got stuff for lunches and dinners this week so I can eat in all week starting tomorrow.  I'm going back to my parents next weekend, so if we go out to eat, they'll foot the bill.

At this point, aren't they pretty much footing the bill anyway?  There's no way you're even paying half your expenses (and yes, debt reduction is an expense).

I will be paying for nearly 2/3 of my bills with my expected income.

Yeah, I've heard that before.  You were supposed to be fully financially independent in April.  I'll believe it when I see it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »

When did Bushie start posting times without colons?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »

Normally, you would be right, but I had chocolate pudding for lunch, ate it slow, and did not get a headache.  Tonight, I had chocolate cake for dessert, ate it slow, and only have a minor headache.  It is definitely nowhere near migraine level.  I will still likely take some medicine because it could turn into a migraine and I want to protect Day 7, but right now it is nowhere near bad enough to call in tomorrow.

Why do you eat something that makes you ill? I get sick from shrimp, so I just don't eat it. My aunt gets bad indigestion from onions, so she doesn't eat them. Chocolate is much more avoidable than onions... this is like a basic human nature instinct that you manually override for some strange reason.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »

Normally, you would be right, but I had chocolate pudding for lunch, ate it slow, and did not get a headache.  Tonight, I had chocolate cake for dessert, ate it slow, and only have a minor headache.  It is definitely nowhere near migraine level.  I will still likely take some medicine because it could turn into a migraine and I want to protect Day 7, but right now it is nowhere near bad enough to call in tomorrow.

Why do you eat something that makes you ill? I get sick from shrimp, so I just don't eat it. My aunt gets bad indigestion from onions, so she doesn't eat them. Chocolate is much more avoidable than onions... this is like a basic human nature instinct that you manually override for some strange reason.

I could have thrown out the chocolate pudding at lunch, but the cake was already cut for me with ice cream on top before i had a chance to speak up, so I didn't want to be rude.  I think the ice cream may have helped soften the potential blow and the cake ran out long before the ice cream, so I was able to end my dessert with several bites of ice cream.

My boss took us out for lunch a couple weeks ago and got a shrimp dish to split. When the waiter came around, I indicated to pass the plate to the next person. Your "I didn't want to be rude" excuse is ridiculous, especially since you only knew that you wouldn't get a migrane after the fact. It's also probably the reason you're approaching 300 pounds... just say "No thank you". it's not rude; it's healthy and common sense.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »

I can't believe that after years of people encouraging Bushie to find a non-call center job and stick with it, once he's accomplished that, he's getting cracks about sex and his social life.

I'm not anyone important here and can't summon up the moral authority of a Gustaf or Al to rain down lightning bolts on this thread, but I ask people to take a step back, think about what's actually happened here, and whether what you're doing is helping or hurting. 

Agreed. I enjoy board games with friends, and who cares what his sex life is like.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 10:49:43 AM »

I can already predict the "I called my boss and he told me it was OK to stay home", and Bushie will defend his position, and by Christmas, he'll be unemployed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »

What time did you make it into work?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »

While I understand that Bushie's history makes it almost necessary to question every detail, I feel like we're at the point where most of the things happening to him (not posting before work, moving on to a new project) are things that happen in a normal workplace with a normal person

Indeed.  Very concerned : (

There's nothing to be concerned about.  Every employee at some point doesn't have time to post on social media before going to work and the things I am doing at work are stuff everybody deals with.  I don't know why you're making a big deal out of every minor detail.

Because you lie about major details and try to pass them off as minor details. Only a fool would take everything you say at face value.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »

I know! It's amazing. Look at their milk making process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGpEcO2sR0

Braum's is leading the fight against osteoporosis!

Hershel from The Walking Dead runs Braum's?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »

Um... what...HuhHuh

1. Add water to pot.
2. Place pot on stove.
3. (optional) Add some salt to water.
4. Turn stove to medium-high.
5. Wait for water to boil (when the bubbles frequently rise to the surface).
6. Break pasta so that it can fit into pot (if necessary).
7. Put the pasta in the pot.
8. Cook for ~8 minutes (whatever it says on the box).
9. While cooking, take a colander and place it in the sink.
10. When the ~8 minutes is up, pick up the pot and dump the contents in the sink over the colander.
11. Serve the pasta.
12. Cover with sauce as desired (all you have to do there is heat some up in a bowl).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »

let me get this straight, bushie has lived in his place for a few months now and hasnt used the stove or oven?  wtf? 

also, bushie is it true that you have a super premium cable tv package?

The only other person I know who's gone that long not using her stove or oven is my grandma, and the reason she hasn't used it is because she uses it for storage because she's a borderline hoarder (although getting better in recent years).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

There's all kinds of wacky time formatting going on here!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »

Jeff, on average, which color is closest to your typical urine color?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

Not a doctor... high school coaches do this stuff. But I call BS that it's actually at 3. That may be the color of your toilet water post-urination, but that means your actual urine is much darker.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »

Not a doctor... high school coaches do this stuff. But I call BS that it's actually at 3. That may be the color of your toilet water post-urination, but that means your actual urine is much darker.

No, it's actually a 3.  I just looked at it a few moments ago.  Occasionally it may be a 4, but it's normally a 3.

A few months ago?Huh Don't you go several times a day?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:45 AM »

No, it's actually a 3.  I just looked at it a few moments ago.  Occasionally it may be a 4, but it's normally a 3.

Inks, I'm going to have to ask you to take an intoxication test, as you seem to be drunk posting.

First step: What color is your urine?

Wow... my mistake. And I can't even blame it on birthday intoxication.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 01:51:44 AM »

Not a doctor... high school coaches do this stuff.

Much better to be a high school coach than one of those condescending know-it-all doctors, amirite?

Also, I personally wouldn't have included inquiring of an overweight man for the color of his pee on my birthday, but I'm sure you had a blast anyway.

To be honest, this year was pretty uneventful. I worked and had a work road rally, and then ate some cake and fell asleep on the couch watching Chopped.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 01:52:56 AM »

No, it's actually a 3.  I just looked at it a few moments ago.  Occasionally it may be a 4, but it's normally a 3.

Inks, I'm going to have to ask you to take an intoxication test, as you seem to be drunk posting.

First step: What color is your urine?

Wow... my mistake. And I can't even blame it on birthday intoxication.

OK, that's not a color.  This isn't looking good for you.

Second step of the test: Please type the alphabet backwards, and post it in this thread.

Zyxwutvrspoqmnlokjdfecba.... No, occifer, I swear to drunk I'm not God!

Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »

Not a doctor... high school coaches do this stuff.

Much better to be a high school coach than one of those condescending know-it-all doctors, amirite?

Also, I personally wouldn't have included inquiring of an overweight man for the color of his pee on my birthday, but I'm sure you had a blast anyway.

To be honest, this year was pretty uneventful. I worked and had a work road rally, and then ate some cake and fell asleep on the couch watching Chopped.

That's... actually a pretty awesome sounding birthday in my book.  You know what FN show I'm hooked on right now?  Cutthroat Kitchen.  That sh[Inks] is hilarious.

That's a fun show, and Alton Brown's quirkiness makes him the perfect host.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 04:10:20 PM »

Hey, guys, I am nearing the 10 pound weight loss mark.  I've lost officially 9.4 lbs coming in at 283.6.

What are you doing differently?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »

Hey, guys, I am nearing the 10 pound weight loss mark.  I've lost officially 9.4 lbs coming in at 283.6.

Just eating fewer calories.

I have lost enough weight now, that I need to drop a size in jeans.  I was at a size 42 waist, but I need to drop to a 40.  It won't be long before I get to size 38.

You've lost 2 inches off your waist just by losing 9 pounds?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

Hey, guys, I am nearing the 10 pound weight loss mark.  I've lost officially 9.4 lbs coming in at 283.6.

Just eating fewer calories.

I have lost enough weight now, that I need to drop a size in jeans.  I was at a size 42 waist, but I need to drop to a 40.  It won't be long before I get to size 38.

You've lost 2 inches off your waist just by losing 9 pounds?

To be fair, I was barely in the size 42 category (more likely 41).  I was a long way from size 44.  So, it didn't take much to knock me back to a size 40.  I'm still a good distance from size 38, although that's well within reach if I keep my momentum going.  I just know I almost lost my britches at the laundromat earlier this afternoon.

Well then make sure you go out and buy some new pants or a better belt, because I'm sure nobody wants to see that! Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »

Bushie please don't quit your CAD job to go to Kenya.

Damn it why did you have to give him an idea. Truth be told this seems to be going well but I feel he'll quit to focus on Kenya.

I am not going to quit to go to Kenya.  Don't worry about that.  I'm not even going there at all in 2015.  Taking a 2-week vacation to go 19 months from now is not the same as quitting my job to go.  I'm being smart with this job.

But you still might move to Kenya eventually?  I mean, back in January, you said that one benefit from breaking up with Allison (during your brief hiatus) was that the Kenyan dream would live on.

I'm thinking it may not be feasible to move there permanently, however, if I can get enough credibility and tenure at my place of employment, I would like to try to take the summer off and spend 2 months there, but that may not be until 2016 at the earliest, maybe 2017.  For the next several years I want to focus on building this American career and getting out of debt so that if God does open the door to whatever type of missionary work, I can be debt free and available.

I know of no full-time job (other than perhaps teaching, and even that isn't the same at every school) where you can get enough "tenure" after 2 years to take a summer off work.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »

Most people have four failed relationships by high school graduation. If your feeling are still hurt about Allison, that's fair enough, but don't beat yourself up about having a few exes. They were just for practice anyway.

Although his emotions now explain what actually happened.  The fact that he's still sad and she didn't get upset makes it pretty clear that it was her who did the dumping, and likely not Bushie who brought it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies