High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:15:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: High-energy attack ad compares Trump to Hitler  (Read 3462 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 02:12:39 AM »

Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate it is, I think it's stupid to compare Trump to Hitler.

1) It's a big slap in the face to the millions of people who actually suffered under Nazism. When Trump actually starts ordering mass killings, we can talk. But until then, he's just any other right-wing populist.

2) People who are on the fence probably won't be swayed by clips like this any more than interspersing Sanders speeches with clips historic communists would persuade undecided Democratic primary voters. Not to mention all of the people who honestly really do want an authoritarian running the country (see http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11127424/trump-authoritarianism)

3) The thing that will actually dissuade people from voting for Trump aren't his views - people know he says crazy sh**, and it clearly hasn't had much of an impact on his performance so far. People need to see him for the joke he actually is. His campaign talks about him being "in character" when he delivers his "performances." People can rally behind a populist a lot easier than they can rally behind some rich guy playing a demagogue for money and attention.

4) It gives Trump a mystique that he really doesn't deserve, and if anything helps him. Trump isn't a man who can take over a continent by force or even lead an army. He's a mascot for a real estate conglomerate. If you want to undermine his support, compare him to ShamWow guy, not Hitler.
win win
dxu8888

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 02:53:39 AM »

It feels too fake to compare Trump to hitler. How many people did Trump send to concentration camps? How many wars did Trump start?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 02:59:37 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 07:22:12 AM by Meclazine »

Interesting post Crumpets.

It's just a sign of how well a campaign Trump has run to attract this attention in the first place.

Never underestimate the intelligence of your average voter to see through this bullsh**t.

We dont need to visit the gutter of history to compare Trump to the worlds worst rulers.

Controlling your countries' border is not an ideal exclusive to fascist dictators.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »

But Trump doesn't want to shut the press up, he just wants to be able to sue media outlets when they report that he said "I want to make America white again!"
And come on... they didn't pick the clip of Goebbels yelling about jews on accident.  I'd bet anything that in 2009 y'all were furious at all the anti-Obamacare ads that used pictures of Lenin and Castro and Mao and quotes that loosely sounded the same as what Obama was saying about Obamacare and pictures of USSR flags.  I was too.  The only difference is that I'm consistent, anytime this kind of idiocy happens I am against it.  You lot are for it when it's anti-Trump and against it when it's anti-Obama.

No: he wants to shut them up. You must be forgetting who you're talking about here. This is the guy that throws out $500 million lawsuits like they're candy. There are legitimate pathways for suing media outlets when actual libel is committed, as opposed to, you know, Trump getting his thin skin and pussy hurt over a rapper making a statement on-air.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 03:31:37 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 03:34:26 AM by ag »

It feels too fake to compare Trump to hitler. How many people did Trump send to concentration camps? How many wars did Trump start?

How many people did Hitler send to concentration camps before 1933? How many wars had he started before he became chancellor?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 03:35:48 AM »

When Trump actually starts ordering mass killings, we can talk.

At that point it will be both too late and no longer possible to talk.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 03:48:12 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 03:55:19 AM by Ronnie »

Let's be honest, though.  If Trump did that while in office, he would not only be immediately impeached; he would be arrested.

I like any strategy that might give his supporters pause, but if we're being accurate, I think a better parallel to Trump would be Marine Le Pen and the National Front in France.  He's a post fascist, in the sense that he would presumably try push democracy to its limits while working within the boundaries of constitutional government.  I don't think he would try to fundamentally change our system of government, and if he did, he would fall flat on his face.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 03:54:57 AM »

Let's be honest, though.  If Trump did that while in office, he would not only be immediately impeached; he would be arrested.

If he did it inside the US, probably. At least, in his early years.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 03:58:07 AM »

This is so f**king stupid.
So any politician who says "our nation has problems, I'm going to fix them, and the country will be great again!" is Hitler?  Or is it just the ones we don't like?
The parts where Hitler says things specifically about the jews are the parts that least correlate with Trump.  "I'm going to open up our libel laws so we can sue the press when they lie" = "we will shut their dirty, lying jew mouths"?  Seriously?
People didn't vote for this because it was a good ad.  They voted for it because they are angry Trump is winning and want to insult him as badly as possible, regardless of whether the insult makes sense.  I should go make an ad saying Trump moonlights as a gay street hooker, maybe they'd give me $10,000.

Its really sad that politicans act like they do when they lose.  Trump beat these suckers fair and square without spending very much and they are really taking it personal. 
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 09:49:01 AM »

How many people did Hitler send to concentration camps before 1933? How many wars had he started before he became chancellor?

Well, his intentions to do just those things can be found both in Mein Kampf and a number of his speeches before 1933. In Trump's case, they cannot.

Again, the idea that Trump pursuing a policy, which is, in essence, an echo of the immigration restrictions of the twenties or the 'White Australia' policy, makes him a latter day Hitler is pretty... specious.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »

Should we expect the dictation test?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »

But Trump doesn't want to shut the press up, he just wants to be able to sue media outlets when they report that he said "I want to make America white again!"
And come on... they didn't pick the clip of Goebbels yelling about jews on accident.  I'd bet anything that in 2009 y'all were furious at all the anti-Obamacare ads that used pictures of Lenin and Castro and Mao and quotes that loosely sounded the same as what Obama was saying about Obamacare and pictures of USSR flags.  I was too.  The only difference is that I'm consistent, anytime this kind of idiocy happens I am against it.  You lot are for it when it's anti-Trump and against it when it's anti-Obama.

No: he wants to shut them up. You must be forgetting who you're talking about here. This is the guy that throws out $500 million lawsuits like they're candy. There are legitimate pathways for suing media outlets when actual libel is committed, as opposed to, you know, Trump getting his thin skin and pussy hurt over a rapper making a statement on-air.

This is an example of a past Trump libel suit that Trump probably feels he should have won:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/donald-trump-loses-libel-lawsuit-232923

Which the guy at least had some sources, and his prediction might not be such a stretch in terms of liquid assets, and the fact that that one of Trump's factors in determining his own net worth is "how I feel at the time".

So Mr McQueen may have to excuse other people for thinking that not all, if even a majority, of Trump's libel suits are even remotely justified or valid, yet Trump wants to "open libel laws up" to...what, these kinds of bs lawsuits?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 12:55:06 PM »

Dang...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 12:55:34 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 01:03:04 PM by DavidB. »

It's definitely high energy, but Jesus, is this what the fall is going to look like? My TV PC is going to be plastered with Hitler footage?

^ this

But won't be effective. People don't like this kind of comparisons. Even if they don't exactly know what's wrong with them, these ads just feel "off".

I agree with this:

I like any strategy that might give his supporters pause, but if we're being accurate, I think a better parallel to Trump would be Marine Le Pen and the National Front in France.  He's a post fascist, in the sense that he would presumably try push democracy to its limits while working within the boundaries of constitutional government.  I don't think he would try to fundamentally change our system of government, and if he did, he would fall flat on his face.

Also, the Muslims/Jews comparison is obviously stupid af, but it doesn't really matter to me if this video helps at preventing Trump from getting elected.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 04:07:29 PM »

Sorry, but after refinding this thread through your post on Clinton's first anti-Trump ad I decided to give it a rewatch. And LOOK AT THE F***ING COMMENTS. From the video poster himself:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ALL OF THE COMMENTS ARE LIKE THIS!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »

The tweet linked to with that past Clinton thread really, really turns me against her. Wow. She just seems completely faked at the end of that video. Just like this one seems completely absurd.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »

Sorry, but after refinding this thread through your post on Clinton's first anti-Trump ad I decided to give it a rewatch. And LOOK AT THE F***ING COMMENTS. From the video poster himself:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ALL OF THE COMMENTS ARE LIKE THIS!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??

Well, it was posted by someone named "Third Position."
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 04:57:10 PM »

That is one of the best political ads since LBJ's "Daisy".
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

Godwin's Law is going to be invoked A LOT for the rest of this year, won't it?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 10:11:14 PM »

Note: the original YouTube video link for this ad (from the people who made it) broke because they took the ad down - which I noticed yesterday when I posted a link back to this thread in the other thread - and so I searched for any other link to the video. I have no idea what the channel I linked to yesterday (to fix the broken link to the video) is for, but it's probably some alt-right tard-channel and that may explain all of the comments.

EDIT: Oh, good! The original (high-audio/video quality) version is still on the crowdfunding page.

https://www.citizensuperpac.com/heil-trump
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »

Note: the original YouTube video link for this ad (from the people who made it) broke because they took the ad down - which I noticed yesterday when I posted a link back to this thread in the other thread - and so I searched for any other link to the video. I have no idea what the channel I linked to yesterday (to fix the broken link to the video) is for, but it's probably some alt-right tard-channel and that may explain all of the comments.

EDIT: Oh, good! The original (high-audio/video quality) version is still on the crowdfunding page.

https://www.citizensuperpac.com/heil-trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6FXuFPayY

I also went ahead and saved that video to my HDD. I've never even thought of saving a political ad, but this is so GREAT, made by the BEST PEOPLE.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies