Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: Trump responds to Khan parents DNC speech megathread  (Read 10689 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »
« edited: August 01, 2016, 06:42:48 PM by Arch »

Clinton is also staying out of it smartly to let Trump's continual own-goals and the denunciation of  normally a-political groups and his own party to do the work. She doesn't need to get into the mud on this.

Excellent move. These a-political organizations have no choice, but to denounce Trump's anti-Americanism.

Trump crowd in Nevada booed a military mom (Air Force) who told Pence that Trump was disrespecting the Khan family

I never thought I would see the day when the GOP presidential candidate would go full anti-Military/anti-American; this is the very definition of a campaign with no regard for patriotism.

This has some serious lasting power and could solidify HRC's bounce.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2016, 06:51:26 PM »

Trump crowd in Nevada booed a military mom (Air Force) who told Pence that Trump was disrespecting the Khan family

Does anyone have video on this ?
Please post links, if so.
Fargobison

« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »

Keep digging that hole deeper Donald...

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/760258150926782464
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2016, 07:08:51 PM »

Oh my god this is so perfectly bad.  It's like a diamond of awfulness.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2016, 08:47:13 PM by Interlocutor »

https://youtu.be/eLj6-k7sRm0?t=35m10s (Might be loud)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2016, 08:35:20 PM »

Keep digging that hole deeper Donald...

[img]

Oh my god this is so perfectly bad.  It's like a diamond of awfulness.

The perfect metaphor.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/TheMattWilstein/status/760271711040212992
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »

Thank you Interlocutor and Ebowed for the links.
It's incredible to see that some of trump supporters at this rally were so disrespectful to this military mom. But we cant be too surprised, because "birds with the same feather, flock together."
That orange-haired clown has polluted these people's minds, that they act like trump-zombies.
At least Pence was "adult" enough to answer in a proper manner ; we can't say that about Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »

Exclusive footage of Trump campaign HQ
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2016, 09:36:38 PM »

The conservative website The Gateway Pundit says that Khizir Khan is an immigration lawyer who programs in selling U.S. citizenship.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/no-wonder-khizr-khan-hates-trump-specializes-programs-selling-us-citizenship/
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2016, 09:40:02 PM »

The Khans say they're done with this public argument. Trump should send them flowers in thanks.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/01/trump-khan-feud/

But they're not done with it.  Mr. Khan is on CNN right now, 10:30 PM Monday night with Don Lemon.

I don't dislike Mr. Khan.  He's a Harvard-educated attorney, and his son is, unquestionably, a hero.  Mr. Khan, however, is now an active surrogate for the Democrats.  That's fine with me, too; it's his right, and I don't think any more or less of him for that.

At what point, however, is Mr. Khan a man who is acting as a political surrogate for a party or candidate?  I think that point came when he used a DNC podium to attack Trump.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:37 PM »

The conservative website The Gateway Pundit says that Khizir Khan is an immigration lawyer who programs in selling U.S. citizenship.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/no-wonder-khizr-khan-hates-trump-specializes-programs-selling-us-citizenship/

Lol citing the Gateway Pundit as a legit news source.

He's an immigration lawyer. News flash: That involves helping people enter the county, but only in the minds of the truly ignorant is there a way to "buy" US citizenship. Roll Eyes This article is horse sh**t.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »

Breitbart is the HuffPo of the right with added Glenn Beck and Sargon of Akkad.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »

The Khans say they're done with this public argument. Trump should send them flowers in thanks.

But they're not done with it.  Mr. Khan is on CNN right now, 10:30 PM Monday night with Don Lemon.

I don't dislike Mr. Khan.  He's a Harvard-educated attorney, and his son is, unquestionably, a hero.  Mr. Khan, however, is now an active surrogate for the Democrats.  That's fine with me, too; it's his right, and I don't think any more or less of him for that.

At what point, however, is Mr. Khan a man who is acting as a political surrogate for a party or candidate?  I think that point came when he used a DNC podium to attack Trump.  

The issue, FB, is Trump wasted no time in attacking this patriotic Gold Star family on a basis of sheer religious bigotry.

Just admit to yourself: I DON'T CARE if my guy $hits on the families of dead vets. As long as he's MY GUY. He (claims to) support the basic issues I do like trade and somehow deporting millions of browns who've been here since childhood, so I DON'T CARE.

I'd never vote for a candidate who took such a slimeball level of attack, because it demonstrates just how they'd govern. Can you say the same?

Oh yeah. "E-mails!" "Bhengazi!" "Both sides are just as bad". Roll Eyes
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »

The issue, FB, is Trump wasted no time in attacking this patriotic Gold Star family on a basis of sheer religious bigotry.

Just admit to yourself: I DON'T CARE if my guy $hits on the families of dead vets. As long as he's MY GUY. He (claims to) support the basic issues I do like trade and somehow deporting millions of browns who've been here since childhood, so I DON'T CARE.

I'd never vote for a candidate who took such a slimeball level of attack, because it demonstrates just how they'd govern. Can you say the same?

Oh yeah. "E-mails!" "Bhengazi!" "Both sides are just as bad". Roll Eyes

http://www.kmkhanlaw.com/Home_Page.html

There's lots on the internet about this, but this is from Mr. Khan's own website.  He's an IMMIGRATION lawyer, specializing in types of visas that are both lucrative and controversial.

I'm sure his outrage over Trump's stances are real, but Trump's a guy whose policies would hit him in his law practice.  There's a bit of self-interest here, is there not?

I don't believe that it's OK to say anything when someone's your guy.  But I also don't believe people get to have it both ways.  Mr. Khan is a political surrogate; there's give and take there.  And he's a political surrogate because he chose to be.  His son is a hero, but he also died in 2004, and while the sorrow over such a loss can last a lifetime for some, he and his wife have had a lot of time to grieve.  There does come a point when you don't get to hide behind a loss like this when you jump in the political arena. 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »

Classic!  The dirty Muslim veteran's father also happens to be an IMMIGRATION LAWYER??!?!  Could this be any more #triggering for the Trump Train?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »

yeah how dare someone give people a vigorous defense in a court of law.

You guys really have nothing on Khizir Khan and instead of being decent human beings and apologizing the first time you keep trying to dig up fake dirt on him. It's pretty embarrassing.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »

You guys really have nothing on Khizir Khan and instead of being decent human beings and apologizing the first time you keep trying to dig up fake dirt on him. It's pretty embarrassing.

I have no problem with him being a lawyer.  Or an immigration lawyer.  I've not said he's unethical in any way.  But Trump's proposed policies do have the potential to impact his practice, and impact his clients. 

I've only posted Mr. Khan's own website.  Is that "dirt"?

He's a political surrogate.  What I won't do is let him have it both ways.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »

I have no problem with him being a lawyer.  Or an immigration lawyer.  I've not said he's unethical in any way.  But Trump's proposed policies do have the potential to impact his practice, and impact his clients.

Fuzzy,
You are clearly throwing "dirt." Just more desperate attempts to discredit the Khan family and connecting any bulls**t related to "immigrants" or "Muslim" to them.
The bigotry from the trump camp continues.
Unbelievable !
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »

First of all, how would Trump's policies harm an immigration lawyer's practice? If anything, his policies would give them thousands of new clients and make them much wealthier.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2016, 10:50:19 PM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2016, 03:37:16 AM »

You're about as pathetic as your candidate. It's amazing you people can manage to sleep at night with the level of sleaze you stoop to.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2016, 03:57:04 AM »

Here's a good summary of Drumpf's comments.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2016, 04:11:49 AM »

Are you f***ing kidding me?

You're beyond help.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2016, 05:38:31 AM »

Fuzzy Bear's gone from innocuous pro-Trump Republican hack, to probably the most craven and pathetic hack on this forum, all in a single thread. Bravo.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies