April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER  (Read 5705 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« on: April 21, 2014, 09:17:12 AM »

The details of this count are indeed difficult to work out, but I think it's safe to say that we can assume the Senate elections' victors will be Goldwater, Shua, Adam Griffin, Alfred Jones and Lumine.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2014, 09:58:31 AM by homelycooking »

I know I just voted for who I thought most closely reflected my philosophy 1-5.

Your vote exhausted at the very end because it had been transferred to each of the four non-write-in candidates that you preferenced - and then had nowhere else to go!

Sorting out the relatively sparse differences between Shua and JCL, for instance, would require more nitpicking than what I normally like to engage in in the game - JCL is just a more extreme version. They'll take different roads, but end up in the same place about 9/10 times.

Naturally, that's what I'm here to do. Right now I'm trying to figure out the most intuitive way in which to show the count's progression.

The very end of the count involves transferring a very small surplus that accrued to Lumine. There are actually four voters who had their votes transferred five times in the very end: from Adam Griffin's surplus to Alfred's surplus to A Person, transferred upon his elimination to Lumine's surplus and finally distributed to either JCL or Shua - for a final transfer value of 0.000643!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies