Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:23:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide  (Read 297414 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: February 26, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »

- Two weeks ago, PD proposed a measure that would speed the passage of the bill. I'm not sure of the details, but most Italian language articles mention a "kangaroo vote" and "secret vote". I don't know what that's about; hopefully one of our Italian posters can key us in. M5S pulled support, saying they could not support the changes in parliamentary procedure "in good conscience". .

I'm not completely sure about this, and would be glad if someone could check this, but from what I have read, this would have been a way to get it passed in the Senate without having to vote on every single amendment that the right (a.k.a the usual horribles) had introduced (or planned to introduce?). I'm afraid I can't find the article I read that right now, but I will try to search for it to post here for reference.

I'm also very glad that the SVP and the Trentinese regionalists voted for this, didn't entirely expect that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies