The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:58:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 40353 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
« edited: May 14, 2016, 03:48:38 PM by Alan Beresford B'stard, MP »

Bulgaria recovered its lands on a previous incident on the late 1910's. Sadly, it's not an Ottoman Puppet anymore, xD (Greece is not an Italian vassal either, all because of balance)

OK, thanks for an explanation.

(am I left without any puppets? Sad )

Just Crimea, I gave you annexed Armenia and Northern Persia (as you said you planned to go for that) to compensate. There's still ample room for the Ottomans to expand, although be warned, there's going to be a lot of ethnic strife (same goes for Germany, their current empire is very large, but it's going to be hard to maintain).

Well, I have to deal with this. I see some new states in the Caucasus, so... we'll see.

Btw, what happened to Ottoman port on Morocco Atlantic coast? I suppouse Ottomans would be very keen on keeping it in peace treaty.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »

By the way Lumine,
I think France would have lost much more colonies after a defeat with Germany, but that's your call.

They did lose virtually everything, they got to keep Algeria and Northern Africa because defeat was not total and the British were able to put pressure to prevent further loss. Who will you play as, by the way?

Update: World building is growing large, so I can adventure we'll have several threads for this (perhaps by continents). Chances are I'll put a NO WAR rule among players for the first few turns so we can balance things out and let the scenario grow.

If the game was being played during the 1880's, I would have said Georges Boulanger, and if it was during the 1930's, François de La Rocque, but there wasn't any "major rightwing fascist populist" during this period of the game. So I think that should be a fictional fascist guy or something like that.

Is it going to be a Republic or a monarchy?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2016, 03:52:32 PM »

By the way Lumine,
I think France would have lost much more colonies after a defeat with Germany, but that's your call.

They did lose virtually everything, they got to keep Algeria and Northern Africa because defeat was not total and the British were able to put pressure to prevent further loss. Who will you play as, by the way?

Update: World building is growing large, so I can adventure we'll have several threads for this (perhaps by continents). Chances are I'll put a NO WAR rule among players for the first few turns so we can balance things out and let the scenario grow.

If the game was being played during the 1880's, I would have said Georges Boulanger, and if it was during the 1930's, François de La Rocque, but there wasn't any "major rightwing fascist populist" during this period of the game. So I think that should be a fictional fascist guy or something like that.

I believe you could have de La Rocque rising to prominence earlier.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »

By the way Lumine,

I believe you could have de La Rocque rising to prominence earlier.
Oh yes, this is 20 years after,
So Colonel de la Rocques.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

De La Rocque would be fine with me, he'd be 42 and while young, it's still plausible. I find that better than a fictional character.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »

So I will play de La Rocque.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »

If some sort of Balkan super-state, along the lines of Hungary, Croatia, and Romania, is created, I could play that.

If you decide to leave the Balkans as the interesting jumble it is, I think I'll take Romania, unless you'd prefer me to pick Italy. I'm perfectly content with either.

There. Did I step on anyone's toes now?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »

If some sort of Balkan super-state, along the lines of Hungary, Croatia, and Romania, is created, I could play that.

If you decide to leave the Balkans as the interesting jumble it is, I think I'll take Romania, unless you'd prefer me to pick Italy. I'm perfectly content with either.

There. Did I step on anyone's toes now?

Apologies for that again, Kingpoleon, I didn't quite forsee the interest on the game and the different nations to be quite that high. Romania will be perfectly fine (as currently there won't be a Balkan superstate), you are welcome to choose leader, government system and ideology (China is open as well).
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »

My beautiful Russia!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2016, 05:43:11 PM »

You can blame Snowstalker for that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »

^^^^
Only Oldiesfreak was a worst player than him...
Mauldania
Rookie
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »

Challenge accepted.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »

I doubt that'd be possible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »

Russia now settled, Kerensky-led Provisional Government with young Alexei II as constitutional monarch.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »

I can't wait to see info about other Russian states!

Russia now settled, Kerensky-led Provisional Government with young Alexei II as constitutional monarch.

So we've butterflied away his hemophilia?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2016, 06:39:57 PM »

Indeed, we did that in the original game if you remember. He was born earlier as well, so he is not the Alexei we know.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »

By my count, I still need Japan, Spain, Romania and Italy.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2016, 10:42:08 PM by Lumine »

Except for a few details I've asked Spamage to clarify, Spain is ready as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2016, 07:05:28 AM »

Indeed, we did that in the original game if you remember. He was born earlier as well, so he is not the Alexei we know.

Remember when we've been spreading rumours he was illegitimate, and then I've recognized him as rightful Tsar to annoy Snowstalker?

Those were days.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

Lumine, is it still possible to sign up? I just saw this and am REALLY excited to see how this progresses.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2016, 12:07:08 PM »

Lumine, is it still possible to sign up? I just saw this and am REALLY excited to see how this progresses.

Sure, who do you want to play as?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2016, 12:19:18 PM »

Japan's being prepared too. Southern Gothic hasn't been online since the 13, so still nothing on Italy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »

Japan's being prepared too. Southern Gothic hasn't been online since the 13, so still nothing on Italy.

Well, with "no-war for few first turns" rule, I suppouse we may leave some nations unplayable for a while rather than getting stucked at the very start.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2016, 01:25:33 PM »

I sign up as Romania. A semi-constitutional monarchy under Prince Nicholas Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Nicholas_of_Romania ). Our current Chancellor is Gherman Pantea, as the head of the National Liberals, with Vice Chancellor Traian Popovici's People's Reform Party secures a majority vote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »

Noted! All that's left is Japan (and Dereich is working on it) and Italy, and then I can get to writing the backstory.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies