The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 152708 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 07, 2017, 12:08:25 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2017, 12:10:22 PM by Southern Deputy Speaker TimTurner »

Whats the difference when Sanders supporters primary Clinton supporters? They're free to do as the like.

Are there a lot of Sander's supporters who are challenging incumbent Democrats in the primaries?

Im not sure how many primaries the Justice Democrats are competing in. The most noteworthy is against Manchin.

Manchin is the one Democrat I'd like to see facing a serious primary challenge.  I understand he supported Hillary Clinton in the election, but I'd hardly call him either a 'Clinton Democrat' or a 'loyal Democrat.'  He's a hopeless sinner who has dishonestly sold out the Democratic Party multiple times just to save his own.  

If I were advising his Democratic Primary opponent, I'd tell that person to go hard on telling West Virginians how he sold them a bill of goods that once President Obama was gone that thousands of coal mining jobs would come back.

I really disagree with this.

I don't care for Manchin either, but he is the best Democrat that you can get in WV and he votes with the Democarts on all the major legislation.

And I really disagree with that.  He lied to his constituents regarding the coal jobs and on numerous occasions he has used dishonest Republican talking points that potentially hurt other Democratic candidates across the United States and his support of Republicans and their dishonesty allowed them and the media to claim 'the Republicans have bipartisan support.'

I'd rather have a Republican in the seat than an untrustworthy backstabber like him.  He's just one vote out of 100 and I think, on balance, the alternative of him not being in the U.S Senate is better for the Democratic Party and for the United States.

Besides, if there is a backlash from the people of West Virginia as it becomes clear to them that they've been lied to about coal mining jobs returning, I think the Democrats should be in a position to benefit from that backlash.
This part is so terrible it overcomes whatever truths may be in the rest of the post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies