Southern white Democrats in deep south state legislatures (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Southern white Democrats in deep south state legislatures (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern white Democrats in deep south state legislatures  (Read 4438 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 13, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »

We still have some in LA, like Senator Ben Nevers and Rep. Jim Fannin.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:59:36 AM »

We still have some in LA, like Senator Ben Nevers and Rep. Jim Fannin.

Where do they stand politically?  Are they conservative blue dogs or more in line with the national democratic party?

Nevers, and, especially, Fannin (and Rick Ward, and, probably, at least, Smith, Danahay and Thibaut) are "on par" if not more conservative then Jindal and Vitter. Some other are slightly less conservative, but, surely, more so then Boren or Ross were in the last US House. So - most of them are not Blue Dogs, but something substantially more conservative)))). Closer to what was "Deep South norm" 20 or 30 years ago...

P.S. Miles, correct me if i am wrong))) You are closer to "place of events" then i am)))

Yeah, that sounds about right. Nevers ran ads during the 2011 campaign emphasizing his pro-gun, pro-life record.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:27:04 AM »

Too depressing Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »

Yeah)) Miles - how do you explain such deep conservatism of Guillory and Brown? Their ratings are at least as high (sometimes -  higher) then Nevers's  or Smith's. IMHO - only Fannin may "compete" with them (sometimes - Danahay, Thibaut and Ward as well, but not always)

As I said, I'm by no means an expert on LA legislative politics, but I know that there are some conservatives who are just very loyal to the Democratic Party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies