ND-SEN: Cramer likely to run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:03:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ND-SEN: Cramer likely to run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND-SEN: Cramer likely to run  (Read 7259 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: December 11, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

and I'd vote for a reasonable conservative Democrat like Heitkamp against him in a heartbeat.

Except that Heitkamp is not a conservative Democrat.
Yes, she is. She's pro-gun, (reasonably) pro-life, and quite literally went "drill baby, drill!" when asked about the Keystone Pipeline in the 2012 Senate debates.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:08:53 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2016, 03:11:01 PM by BuckeyeNut »

and I'd vote for a reasonable conservative Democrat like Heitkamp against him in a heartbeat.

Yes, she is. She's pro-gun, (reasonably) pro-life, and quite literally went "drill baby, drill!" when asked about the Keystone Pipeline in the 2012 Senate debates.

Excuse me, but she is typical moderate. To see a REAL conservative Democrat look at somebody like James Eastland or James Allen, for example...THEY were conservatives, no doubt. Now "progressivwes" use word "conservative" to ANY Democrat who dares to disagree with their positions. Be it economy, social issues, foreign policy, whatever.. Essentially the same politics that far-right Republicans use against their more "sane" brethethern. Both parties "activists" went mad...

Or maybe we actually care about some issues?

Without allowing ANY dissent within a party? Good work, guys. But - no, thanks..
Get off your high horse. I'm fine with Heitkamp being conservative, she represents North Dakota for crying out loud. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand by when TNVol goes around spouting off untruths. Yes, Democrats like Eastland were extremely conservative. That doesn't make Heitkamp a moderate. Any claim to the otherwise is based in faulty logic.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:40:17 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2016, 03:48:25 PM by BuckeyeNut »

Excuse me, but she is typical moderate. To see a REAL conservative Democrat look at somebody like James Eastland or James Allen, for example...THEY were conservatives, no doubt. Now "progressivwes" use word "conservative" to ANY Democrat who dares to disagree with their positions. Be it economy, social issues, foreign policy, whatever.. Essentially the same politics that far-right Republicans use against their more "sane" brethethern. Both parties "activists" went mad...

Or maybe we actually care about some issues?

Without allowing ANY dissent within a party? Good work, guys. But - no, thanks..
Get off your high horse. I'm fine with Heitkamp being conservative, she represents North Dakota for crying out loud. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand by when TNVol goes around spouting off untruths. Yes, Democrats like Eastland were extremely conservative. That doesn't make Heitkamp a moderate. Any claim to the otherwise is based in faulty logic.

It's your claim that's based on faulty logic. A person SUBSTANTIALLY less conservative then true conservative is NOT a conservative, but rather a moderate.. For everyone, but ideological purists...
Your argument is hardly worth contesting it is so erronious.

The political spectrum does not go: Extreme conservative > Moderate hero < Extreme liberal.  

There are spaces in the between. Consider the political compass. If one has scores of +5.00, +5,00, they are fairly conservative. They are "substantially" -- where did this word come from? where did anyone quantify how the degrees of separation between Heitkamp and Eastland? -- less conservative than someone with scores of +10.00, +10.00. That doesn't mean they aren't conservative, though.

You're also ignoring a keyword that's been implicit since the beginning. Heitkamp is a conservative DEMOCRAT. For a Republican, she would be a moderate. But, for better or for worse, neither mainstream political party exists to appeal to the middle. And, again, get off your high horse. Neither Figueira or I have a problem with Heitkamp being a conservative (Democrat); and no one is suggesting "dissenters" within the party be sent to the gulag -- this isn't Russia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies