Brutal 2007 Romney anti-Huckabee spot gets leaked (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:10:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Brutal 2007 Romney anti-Huckabee spot gets leaked (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brutal 2007 Romney anti-Huckabee spot gets leaked  (Read 1091 times)
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 22, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »

@ Mehmentum

I have to disagree. Huckabee actually suffers from the same problem that Santorum suffered from, is that he has 0 appeal to Republicans who vote GOP for primarily economic/class reasons, similarly to Romney having no appeal among Republicans who vote GOP for cultural reasons except the Mormons.

Huckabee "appears" better because he is more likeable as opposed to Santorum who is an obnoxious prick, but Huckabee cannot win or perform well in a state where there isn't a significant contingent of evangelicals (which is why he performed well in Iowa, something like 60% of caucus goers were evangelicals), and he was also lucky enough in 2008 to not have very serious competition for that vote, which I don't see happening in 2016.

I wouldn't go that far. Huckabee is a populist and I'd like to think he's smart enough to run on that instead of falling into the same trap Santorum fell into in February 2012 with social issues. He has working class appeal.

Yeah.  There's definitely populism in the Republican party on economic issues.  They're hardly free-market purists........immigration restrictions, agricultural subsidies, etc. etc. etc.  It's just a populism largely directed in favor of white rural folks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies