If NASA finds out ... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:37:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If NASA finds out ... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If NASA finds out ...  (Read 1500 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: April 01, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »

If NASA found out there was a massive asteroid about to hit earth, I think they'd try their damndest not to breath a word of it.

Of course rumors would get out... ultimately leading to an announcement... but it certainly wouldn't be soon after they found out.

Besides, with our very limited observance of space, it is likely 2 weeks would be a very generous window.  It might actually only be a few days... or even less for a smaller object that could still cause planetary devastation.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »

Head for the tropics, I suppose.  After you get some and then go to confession of course.  I'd think the dust thrown up would create an albedo effect, so you'd better off at small latitudes.  Bring some canned goods and that stuff that purifies the water and makes your Raman noodles blue.  Maybe a handgun.

You'd definitely want to head well away from any coastline if you intend to attempt survival.  More than likely any and all coastlines would be well and truly f-ed if there is a water impact.

Also keep in mind that while the tropics might not freeze like much of the mid-latitudes and northward.... there would be sudden and catastrophic drying that would probably do a lot of the rainforests in.. with only remnants remaining in mountainous areas where rainfall would still be sufficient.

Otherwise once the waves settled... being on the west coast of a continent would be your best bet.  The ocean would moderate temperatures and you'd have the bounty of the seas to feed upon since most marine life can adapt to sudden climate changes (better than land plants and animals).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies