Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:06:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373232 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

Sorry, the only alcohol will be either white or pink champagne as the toast and maybe a Dr. Pepper-type punch Smiley

No Jameson and Miller Lite.

Good riddance.
I hate piss beer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »

The Wedding Date is official:  Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm CDT

April is an morbid month.

Not for my family.  It's full of new life and new beginnings.  Plus, your grammar is off. Smiley
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2010, 10:38:16 AM »

too long.

your little lady may run off with another lad between now and then.  you know how women are.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »

Maybe we can all pitch in for Mechaman to drive down and run a lifefeed of the event.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find in the local papers.

Only if there is alcohol and teenagers at this event.

Sorry, the only alcohol will be either white or pink champagne as the toast and maybe a Dr. Pepper-type punch Smiley

No Jameson and Miller Lite.

Good riddance.
I hate piss beer.

Dude needs an open bar.  Hell, have a cash bar if he can't afford it.  I would never go to a wedding otherwise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #454 on: April 11, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »

April is an morbid month.

Not for my family.  It's full of new life and new beginnings.  Plus, your grammar is off. Smiley

Plus, my English grammar never been on
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #455 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

We had a good first day of official planning.  We got together with our matron of honor and both mothers and hashed out the road ahead at least for the first few months.  Next step is for Susan and I to discuss the rest of the attendants of the wedding such as ushers, guest book monitors, cake and punch servers, etc.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #456 on: April 13, 2010, 10:23:15 PM »

Someone.. PLEASE!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: April 17, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »

A little update.  The engagement is entering it's third week and we are doing awesome!!  We talk almost every night even if we don't see each other.  We are well underway in wedding planning.  I did find out something about her bi-polar that is such a huge relief to me.  She will be covered under my health insurance as my employer has a no-pre-existing-condition clause in all the policies for it's employees.  So, now, if she can keep her disability/SSI, that will really help me out.  I believe I make too much for her to keep her Medicaid, which kinda sucks, but at least she'll be covered.

As far as the honeymoon goes, We are planning to fly to Orlando and stay 6 nights going to Disney World.  We'll leave on Sunday morning, April 10 and then on Saturday, April 16 we'll drive up to my brother's in Jacksonville, which is only a 3-hour drive.  We'll spend Saturday night with them and then drive back to Orlando Sunday morning and fly home that evening.  I can book the honeymoon as early as Saturday, May 22, 2010 and I will hop on it then.  For some reason, the airlines only allow a 330-day advance booking, but I can combine the flights, the hotel, and the rental car for only $850 for both of us for the week and then add in $500 for 4 days of passes and food and gas, we should be able to go and come back for less than $2,000.  On the night of the wedding, we'll stay in a hotel in Oklahoma City near the Airport to officially start the honeymoon.  So, officially, the honeymoon will be 8 days, 8 nights.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #458 on: April 17, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2010, 07:24:12 PM by Lunar »

Disney World?  Nothing more romantic comes to mind?

Btw I've been with[ish] a girl for almost 3 years and we talk almost every day too.  She'd punch me [or run away] if I tried to throw a ring at her any time between now and the next 4-5 years though. Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »

Btw I've been with[ish] a girl for almost 3 years and we talk almost every day too.  She'd punch me [or run away] if I tried to throw a ring at her any time between now and the next 4-5 years though. Wink

What?  You live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan!  Wink
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #460 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »

What?  You live on the Lower East Side of Manhattan!  Wink

What does that have to do with marriage?  Granted, Puerto Ricans may marry a bit younger, but still.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: April 18, 2010, 12:16:38 AM »

Disney World?  Nothing more romantic comes to mind?

Btw I've been with[ish] a girl for almost 3 years and we talk almost every day too.  She'd punch me [or run away] if I tried to throw a ring at her any time between now and the next 4-5 years though. Wink

She loves Disney.  We had first thought about Disneyland in Anaheim, but there's more to do and see in Orlando.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2010, 01:06:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #463 on: April 18, 2010, 04:29:34 AM »

Will you post updates on the relationship even after the wedding?  I mean, are you going to tell us how the honeymoon goes, and so on?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #464 on: April 18, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »

Moar! I need to know moar!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #465 on: April 18, 2010, 11:10:23 PM »

We're going on this rollercoaster again, huh?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #466 on: April 19, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »

My wife's baby sister had her honeymoon on a Disney Cruise........9 months later I had a nephew.......so Disney supports screwing and eating/drinking, both it seems.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #467 on: April 19, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »

My wife's baby sister had her honeymoon on a Disney Cruise........9 months later I had a nephew.......so Disney supports screwing and eating/drinking, both it seems.

They say that Walt Disney World is the most popular place for honeymoons all around the world, actually.

We're not going to do any of the Disney Honeymoon Vacations, as I can combine the flights, hotel, and rental car for only $850 and then add in the gasoline and the food and the park tickets, we should be able to spend a full 8 days, 9 nights for under $2,000.  I'm expecting to keep it in the $1,750 range without souvenirs.  Even though we aren't going to fly out until the early afternoon the day after the wedding, our honeymoon will officially begin after we leave the reception, because we'll stay at a hotel near the Oklahoma City airport Saturday night and then get up and get to the airport late Sunday morning.

I found out something very encouraging yesterday.  As some may know on the forum, I have a huge obsession with dates and times and countdowns (part of the reason I countdown Christmas so early).  She was over at my house yesterday afternoon and I showed her a countdown until midnight the morning of our Wedding Day that includes the days, hours, minutes, and seconds.  She said "awww, how sweet".  She really liked that!!  I'm finding out more and more each day that she is the one for me!!

BTW, as of 8:00 pm CDT, we are down to 8,500 hours even until Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 12:00 am CDT!!!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

I'm finding out more and more each day that she is the one for me!!

uhhhh...
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #469 on: April 19, 2010, 10:28:34 PM »

uhhhh...

Type of thing you might want to find out before getting engaged.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2010, 11:40:59 PM »

uhhhh...

Perhaps I mistated it...  I am constantly being reassured every day that this is the right decision.  She will have her fears, and I will have mine over the next 50 weeks, but we will iron all the fears out and nothing will stop us from marrying each other!!

Right now, she does have a little peeve that I've got to work on.  She's not a real big fan of me being messy.  So, I am in the process over the next few nights of cleaning the house so the next time she comes over, it's to a clean house.  No sweat on that one!!  I cleaned the room that was bugging me the most tonight.  The bedroom that will eventually become an office.  Tuesday evening, I'll probably straighten up the other room that bugs me, the cat's bedroom!!  Then, I'll move to the other parts of the house.  Brooke, our matron of honor, helped her out by reminding her I'm a bachelor, and bachelor's are, by nature, messy.  She did advise me, though, to tidy up a bit!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #471 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:29 AM »

Leave it to Meeker to screw up a wonderful love story with logic and common sense.  Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

We had a good dinner this evening and a nice chat.  She expressed some concerns, which I happily agreed to the changes.  Nothing was ever in question or in jeopardy, but now that we're 3 weeks into the engagement, she is starting to shift her mentality from being a momma's girl to being a wife.  She does want me to clean up better, which I agree.  Being a bachelor really is no excuse for a messy house or messy car.  This is where the relationship will really take off when we come to agreement on concerns about each other.  Getting the concerns out of the way now is a really healthy thing for a relationship, because, the closer we get to the wedding, the more stressed we'll be and the less time we'll have to worry about concerns.  Like with any relationship, there must be compromise, and that's what we will do.  Plus, this will teach us that we can work things out when we do get married and are in a lifetime commitment.  We have a pact in our relationship that the word divorce will be banned from our vocabulary.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2010, 10:02:35 PM »

What happens if you want to watch the always enjoyable Divorce Court?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »

What happens if you want to watch the always enjoyable Divorce Court?

For a lot of our shows, like sports and historical documentaries, we will have separate TV's, so I can watch my Dallas Cowboys and she can watch whatever she wants.

We will have family time shows, as well, so we won't always be in separate rooms.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies