The PA and Hamas reach agreement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:00:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The PA and Hamas reach agreement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The PA and Hamas reach agreement  (Read 1750 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: April 23, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »

Hamas will control the West Bank in six months. The peace process is entirely over now. Batten down the hatches.

Indeed and Israel bears the entire blame for that.

If the genocidal terror cult of Hamas wasn't bound and determined to kill every last Jew in Israel, things might be different.

For ten years, Abbas has been president. For ten years, Israel has had the option of negotiating with a Palestinian leader who has been more accommodating to them than any who came before him and any who will come after him.

And they stalled and hemmed and hawed and moved goalposts and their window of opportunity is closing.

If the suicide bombs start happening again, I will not have an ounce of sympathy for Israel. At that point, they will have brought it on themselves.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:18 PM »

As usual, Israel lovers calls any people blaming Israel for the failure of negiociations.
The great country of Israel, offering shelter to violent anti-gay Hasidic offenders?

Well, to be fair, I am an anti-Zionist because Zionism is an inherently racist ideology. I'm not, however, an anti-Semite and abhor people who are (which would include a sizable chunk of Hamas, I'm sure).
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »

If the suicide bombs start happening again, I will not have an ounce of sympathy for Israel. At that point, they will have brought it on themselves.

The suicide bombs won't happen... the wall has stopped them from coming in and the rocket attacks are being blunted by Iron Dome. The Palestinian terrorists are running out of weapons.

So what is Israel's rationale for refusing to negotiate? The suicide bombings have stopped. The rocket attacks don't actually work.

And the PLO recognized the State of Israel back in 1988. So what exactly does Israel want them to do that they haven't already done?

Meanwhile, Israel has refused to halt illegal settlement construction and continues to deny that they possess nuclear weapons even as they engage in antagonism with Iran.

Is that the behavior of a country that wants peace?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »

The suicide bombs won't happen... the wall has stopped them from coming in and the rocket attacks are being blunted by Iron Dome. The Palestinian terrorists are running out of weapons.

So what is Israel's rationale for refusing to negotiate? The suicide bombings have stopped. The rocket attacks don't actually work.

And the PLO recognized the State of Israel back in 1988. So what exactly does Israel want them to do that they haven't already done?

Meanwhile, Israel has refused to halt illegal settlement construction and continues to deny that they possess nuclear weapons even as they engage in antagonism with Iran.

Is that the behavior of a country that wants peace?

I think there's some silliness about recognizing Israel as an explicitly Jewish State, and fighting over settlements and security and Jersualem.

It would be fundamentally bigoted to recognize it as a Jewish state when there is a sizable portion of the population that isn't Jewish and that lived there longer than most of the Jewish residents did.

Israel was founded for the purpose of being a country where Jews would be able to practice their religion openly and not have to worry about discrimination or persecution. At the time, there were few countries meeting that criteria. As far as I can tell, all of those needs can be met without classifying them as an explicitly Jewish state.

Furthermore, what difference does it make? If Israel considers themselves a Jewish state, that's their business. Why in the world would they need the "permission" of Palestine or any other foreign country to call themselves that?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »

A majority of Jews who live in Israel where born in Israel.

A majority of Palestinian refugees whose parents left Israel proper have never even visited Israel proper.

The former, by choice.

The latter, by force.

Bit of a difference.

And before you go off on some piece about how Israel was "attacked" I'd direct your attention to Deir Yassin, which declared itself neutral in the 1948 civil war and was still destroyed by Israel. If Israel was attacked by Jordan, Egypt and Syria, it sounds like a matter they should take up with Jordan, Egypt and Syria. I fail to see how you can blame the Palestinian people for that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies