Gamergate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:33:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gamergate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gamergate  (Read 8700 times)
Chance92
Rookie

« on: October 20, 2014, 02:22:39 AM »

My only thoughts on the matter: hardcore gamers are psychopaths by and large, always have been, and always will be. This whole "debate" has only served to prove it to me.
Chance92
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:15:09 AM »

My only thoughts on the matter: hardcore gamers are psychopaths by and large, always have been, and always will be. This whole "debate" has only served to prove it to me.
This is the kind of blatant generalization that gamergate has been complaining about.

And I frankly don't give a good goddamn. If gamers really care so much about being generalized, maybe they ought to change their attitudes.
Chance92
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »

This is the kind of blatant generalization that gamergate has been complaining about.

And I frankly don't give a good goddamn. If gamers really care so much about being generalized, maybe they ought to change their attitudes.

Another generalization. How can you know the attitudes of all gamers?

I never said I did. But I sure as hell know the attitude of most gamers, and that's more than enough to generalize.
Chance92
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »

Another generalization. How can you know the attitudes of all gamers?

I never said I did. But I sure as hell know the attitude of most gamers, and that's more than enough to generalize.

Sigh... this isn't actually helping.

There are plenty of good people who also happen to be gamers.  These good people, of course, are overwhelmingly opposed to Gamergate.

Once again, I never said I was applying the brush to all gamers. I know good and well there are plenty of decent people in the gaming community. But they're certainly not the ones speaking up, are they?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies